Why Do Option Introductions Depress Stock Prices? A Study of Diminishing Short Sale Constraints
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 36 (2001)
Issue (Month): 04 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xu Li, 2011. "Behavioral theories and the pricing of IPOs’ discretionary current accruals," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 87-104, July.
- Chang, Eric C. & Cheng, Joseph W. & Pinegar, J. Michael & Yu, Yinghui, 2012. "Short-sale constraints: Reductions in costs of capital or overvaluation? Evidence from Hong Kong," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 506-520.
- Boulton, Thomas J. & Braga-Alves, Marcus V., 2010. "The skinny on the 2008 naked short-sale restrictions," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 397-421, November.
- Astrid Herinckx & Ariane Szafarz, 2012.
"Which Short-Selling Regulation is the Least Damaging to Market Efficiency? Evidence from Europe,"
Working Papers CEB
12-002, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Oscar Bernal Diaz & Astrid Herinckx & Ariane Szafarz, 2013. "Which Short-Selling Regulation is the Least Damaging to Market Efficiency? Evidence from Europe," Working Papers CEB 13-001, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Lundstrum, Leonard L. & Walker, Mark D., 2006. "LEAPS introductions and the value of the underlying stocks," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 494-510, October.
- Demirer, Rıza & Kutan, Ali M. & Shen, Fanglin, 2012. "The effect of ethanol listing on corn prices: Evidence from spot and futures markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1400-1406.
- Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2010. "Are derivatives dangerous?," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00605908, HAL.
- Asli Ascioglu & Murat Aydogdu & Lynn Phillips Kugele, 2013. "The Impact of Option Listing on the Trading Activity of Turkcell’s American Depository Receipt (ADR)," Bogazici Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Bogazici University, Department of Economics, vol. 27(1), pages 1-18.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00605908 is not listed on IDEAS
- Çankaya, Serkan & Eken, Hasan/M. & Ulusoy, Veysel, 2011. "The Impact of Short Selling on Intraday Volatility: Evidence from the Istanbul Stock Exchange," MPRA Paper 43658, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lecce, Steven & Lepone, Andrew & McKenzie, Michael D. & Segara, Reuben, 2012. "The impact of naked short selling on the securities lending and equity market," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 81-107.
- Gerlinde Fellner & Erik Theissen, 2006.
"Short Sale Constraints, Divergence of Opinion and Asset Values: Evidence from the Laboratory,"
Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena
009, University of Siena.
- Fellner, Gerline & Theissen, Erik, 2011. "Short sale constraints, divergence of opinion and asset values: Evidence from the laboratory," CFS Working Paper Series 2011/05, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Fellner, Gerlinde & Theissen, Erik, 2011. "Short sale constraints, divergence of opinion and asset value: Evidence from the laboratory," CFR Working Papers 11-03, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Diether, Karl B. & Lee, Kuan-Hui & Werner, Ingrid M., 2007. "Can Short-Sellers Predict Returns? Daily Evidence," Working Paper Series 2005-15, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Maxime Charlebois & Stephen Sapp, 2007. "Temporal Patterns in Foreign Exchange Returns and Options," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 39(2-3), pages 443-470, 03.
- Grundy, Bruce D. & Lim, Bryan & Verwijmeren, Patrick, 2012. "Do option markets undo restrictions on short sales? Evidence from the 2008 short-sale ban," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 331-348.
- Duffie, Darrell & Garleanu, Nicolae & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2002. "Securities lending, shorting, and pricing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 307-339.
- Sascha Füllbrunn & Tibor Neugebauer, 2012. "Margin Trading Bans in Experimental Asset Markets," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-058, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- Alejandro Bernales & Massimo Guidolin, 2013. "The Effects of Information Asymmetries on the Success of Stock Option Listings," Working Papers 484, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Delisle, R. Jared & Lee, Bong Soo & Mauck, Nathan, 2012. "The dynamic relation between short sellers, option traders, and aggregate returns," MPRA Paper 42566, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Blau, Benjamin M. & Wade, Chip, 2012. "Informed or speculative: Short selling analyst recommendations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 14-25.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.