Morningstar Ratings and Mutual Fund Performance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 35 (2000)
Issue (Month): 03 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chen, Andrew N.K. & Wang, Shin-Yun & Yu, Po-Lung, 2014. "Evaluating multi-criteria ratings of financial investment options," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 46-58.
- Bechmann, Ken L. & Rangvid , Jesper, 2006. "Rating mutual funds," Working Papers 2005-6, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Finance.
- Kerstens, Kristiaan & Mounir, Amine & Van de Woestyne, Ignace, 2010.
"Non-Parametric Frontier Estimates of Mutual Fund Performance Using C- and L-Moments: Some Specification Tests,"
2010/10, Hogeschool-Universiteit Brussel, Faculteit Economie en Management.
- Kerstens, Kristiaan & Mounir, Amine & de Woestyne, Ignace Van, 2011. "Non-parametric frontier estimates of mutual fund performance using C- and L-moments: Some specification tests," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 1190-1201, May.
- Cuthbertson, Keith & Nitzsche, Dirk & O'Sullivan, Niall, 2008. "UK mutual fund performance: Skill or luck?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 613-634, September.
- Guercio, Diane Del & Tkac, Paula A., 2008.
"Star Power: The Effect of Monrningstar Ratings on Mutual Fund Flow,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(04), pages 907-936, December.
- Diane Del Guercio & Paula A. Tkac, 2001. "Star power: the effect of Morningstar ratings on mutual fund flows," Working Paper 2001-15, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Gerasimos G. Rompotis, 2011. "Predictable patterns in ETFs' return and tracking error," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 14-35, March.
- Engstrom, Stefan, 2003.
"Costly information, diversification and international mutual fund performance,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal,
Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 463-482, September.
- Engström, Stefan, 2000. "Costly Information, Diversification, and International Mutual Fund Performance," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 385, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 10 Nov 2001.
- Jonathan Reuter & Eric Zitzewitz, 2006.
"Do ADS Influence Editors? Advertising and Bias in the Financial Media,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 121(1), pages 197-227, 02.
- Jonathan Reuter & Eric Zitzewitz, 2005. "Do Ads Influence Editors? Advertising and Bias in the Financial Media," Finance 0501003, EconWPA.
- Eurico J. Ferreira & Stanley D. Smith, 2012. "The information content of Morningstar StockInvestor: the Tortoise vs the Hare," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(3), pages 403-413, March.
- Premachandra, I.M. & Zhu, Joe & Watson, John & Galagedera, Don U.A., 2012. "Best-performing US mutual fund families from 1993 to 2008: Evidence from a novel two-stage DEA model for efficiency decomposition," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3302-3317.
- Dirk Nitzsche & Keith Cuthbertson & Niall O'Sullivan, 2005. "Mutual Fund Performance: Skill Or Luck?," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2005 4, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Babalos, Vassilios & Philippas, Nikolaos & Doumpos, Michael & Zompounidis, Constantin, 2011. "Mutual funds performance appraisal using stochastic multicriteria acceptability analysis," MPRA Paper 37953, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antonios Antypas & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Nikitas Pittis, 2009.
"Selectivity, Market Timing and the Morningstar Star-Rating System,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
874, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Antonios Antypas & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Nikolaos Kourogenis & Nikitas Pittis, 2009. "Selectivity, Market Timing and the Morningstar Star-Rating System," CESifo Working Paper Series 2580, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bechmann, Ken L. & Rangvid, Jesper, 2007. "Rating mutual funds: Construction and information content of an investor-cost based rating of Danish mutual funds," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 662-693, December.
- Vincent Fromentin & Christine Louargant, 2014. "Is the rating given to a European mutual fund a good indicator of its future performance?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(2), pages 1235-1246.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.