Testing the Empirical Performance of Stochastic Volatility Models of the Short-Term Interest Rate
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 35 (2000)
Issue (Month): 02 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Viviana Fernández, 2003. "Interest Rate Volatility and Nominalization," Documentos de Trabajo 153, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Fernandez, Viviana, 2004. "Interest rate risk in an emerging economy," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 678-709, December.
- Bali, Turan G. & Neftci, Salih N., 2003.
"Disturbing extremal behavior of spot rate dynamics,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 455-477, September.
- Turan G. Bali & Salih N. Neftci, 2002. "Disturbing Extremal Behavior of Spot Rate Dynamics," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2002-03, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Takamizawa, Hideyuki & Shoji, Isao, 2009.
"Modeling the term structure of interest rates with general diffusion processes: A moment approximation approach,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 65-77, January.
- Takamizawa, Hideyuki & Shoji, Isao, 2007. "Modeling the Term Structure of Interest Rates with General Diffusion Processes: A Moment Approximation Approach," Discussion Papers 2006-05, Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University.
- Christiansen, Charlotte, 2005.
"Multivariate term structure models with level and heteroskedasticity effects,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1037-1057, May.
- Christiansen, Charlotte, 2003. "Multivariate Term Structure Models with Level and Heteroskedasticity Effects," Finance Working Papers 02-19, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Bali, Turan G. & Mo, Hengyong & Tang, Yi, 2008. "The role of autoregressive conditional skewness and kurtosis in the estimation of conditional VaR," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 269-282, February.
- Bali, Turan G. & Weinbaum, David, 2007. "A conditional extreme value volatility estimator based on high-frequency returns," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 361-397, February.
- Christiansen, Charlotte, 2008.
"Level-ARCH short rate models with regime switching: Bivariate modeling of US and European short rates,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 925-948, December.
- Christiansen, Charlotte, 2005. "Level-ARCH Short Rate Models with Regime Switching: Bivariate Modeling of US and European Short Rates," Finance Research Group Working Papers F-2005-03, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Charlotte Christiansen, 2007. "Level-ARCH Short Rate Models with Regime Switching: Bivariate Modeling of US and European Short Rates," CREATES Research Papers 2007-05, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Hou, Ai Jun & Suardi, Sandy, 2011. "Modelling and forecasting short-term interest rate volatility: A semiparametric approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 692-710, September.
- Daniel R. Smith & Christophe Parignon, 2004. "Modeling Yield-Factor Volatility," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 307, Econometric Society.
- Bali, Turan G., 2003. "Modeling the stochastic behavior of short-term interest rates: Pricing implications for discount bonds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 201-228, February.
- Nowman, Khalid Ben, 2010. "Modelling the UK and Euro yield curves using the Generalized Vasicek model: Empirical results from panel data for one and two factor models," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 334-341, December.
- Viviana Fernández, 2002. "How Sensitive is Volatility to Exchange Rate Regimes?," Documentos de Trabajo 135, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Junker, Markus & Szimayer, Alex & Wagner, Niklas, 2006. "Nonlinear term structure dependence: Copula functions, empirics, and risk implications," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1171-1199, April.
- Huang, Mei-Yueh & Lin, Jun-Biao, 2011. "Do ETFs provide effective international diversification?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 335-344, September.
- Suardi, Sandy, 2008. "Are levels effects important in out-of-sample performance of short rate models?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 181-184, April.
- Hong, Yongmiao & Liu, Yanhui & Wang, Shouyang, 2009. "Granger causality in risk and detection of extreme risk spillover between financial markets," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 150(2), pages 271-287, June.
- Nowman, K.B. & Yahia, B.B.H., 2008. "Euro and FIBOR interest rates: A continuous time modelling analysis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 1029-1035, December.
- Chen, Cathy W.S. & Gerlach, Richard & Lin, Edward M.H., 2008. "Volatility forecasting using threshold heteroskedastic models of the intra-day range," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 2990-3010, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.