IPO Underpricing Explanations: Implications from Investor Application and Allocation Schedules
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 34 (1999)
Issue (Month): 04 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cheng, Louis T.W. & Chan, Kam C. & Mak, Billy S.C., 2005. "Strategic share allocation and underpricings of IPOs in Hong Kong," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 41-59, February.
- Low, Soo-Wah & Yong, Othman, 2011. "Explaining over-subscription in fixed-price IPOs -- Evidence from the Malaysian stock market," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 205-216, September.
- Svetlana BILOOCAIA, 2011. "Analysis of the Issuers’ Main Risks during the IPO," Risk in Contemporary Economy, "Dunarea de Jos" University of Galati, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, pages 378-383.
- Rocholl, Jrg, 2009. "A friend in need is a friend indeed: Allocation and demand in IPO bookbuilding," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 284-310, April.
- Peter Nippel & Christian Pierdzioch & Andrea Schertler, 2005. "Underpricing and Index Excess Returns," Kiel Working Papers 1259, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Bayley, Luke & Lee, Philip J. & Walter, Terry S., 2006. "IPO flipping in Australia: cross-sectional explanations," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 327-348, September.
- Boreiko, Dmitri & Lombardo, Stefano, 2011. "Italian IPOs: Allocations and claw back clauses," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 127-143, February.
- Jay Ritter & Ivo Welch, 2002.
"A Review of IPO Activity, Pricing and Allocations,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm258, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Apr 2002.
- Jay R. Ritter & Ivo Welch, 2002. "A Review of IPO Activity, Pricing, and Allocations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(4), pages 1795-1828, 08.
- Jay Ritter & Ivo Welch, 2002. "A Review of IPO Activity, Pricing, and Allocations," NBER Working Papers 8805, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pons-Sanz, Vicente, 2005. "Who benefits from IPO underpricing? Evidence form hybrid bookbuilding offerings," Working Paper Series 0428, European Central Bank.
- Cheung, Yan-Leung & Liu, Yang, 2007. "IPO price performance and block-trading activities: Evidence from Hong Kong," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 276-291, June.
- Cheung, Yan-leung & OUYANG, Zhiwei & TAN, Weiqiang, 2009. "How regulatory changes affect IPO underpricing in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 692-702, December.
- Hsu, Yenshan & Shiu, Cheng-Yi, 2010. "The overconfidence of investors in the primary market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 217-239, April.
- Oehler, Andreas & Rummer, Marco & Smith, Peter N., 2004.
"IPO Pricing and the Relative Importance of Investor Sentiment: Evidence from Germany,"
26, University of Bamberg, Chair of Finance.
- Marco Rummer & Andreas Oehler & Peter N. Smith, 2004. "IPO Pricing and the Relative Importance of Investor Sentiment: Evidence from Germany," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2004 62, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Grammenos, Costas Th. & Papapostolou, Nikos C., 2012. "US shipping initial public offerings: Do prospectus and market information matter?," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 276-295.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.