Are Debt and Leases Substitutes?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 27 (1992)
Issue (Month): 04 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ezzell, John R. & Vora, Premal P., 2001. "Leasing versus purchasing: Direct evidence on a corporation's motivations for leasing and consequences of leasing," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 33-47.
- Steven R. Grenadier, 2003. "An Equilibrium Analysis of Real Estate," NBER Working Papers 9475, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ang, James S. & Jung, Min-Je, 1998. "Explicit versus implicit contracting in the debt market: The case of leasing," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 153-169.
- Curtiss, Jarmila, 2012. "Determinants of Financial Capital Use: Review of theories and implications for rural businesses," Factor Markets Working Papers 123, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Sharpe, Steven A. & Nguyen, Hien H., 1995.
"Capital market imperfections and the incentive to lease,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(2-3), pages 271-294.
- Steven A. Sharpe & Hien H. Nguyen, 1994. "Capital market imperfections and the incentive to lease," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 94-5, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kang, Sungjune & Long, Michael S., 2001. "The fixed payment financing decision: To borrow or lease," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 41-55.
- Andrea L. Eisfeldt & Adriano A. Rampini, 2009.
"Leasing, Ability to Repossess, and Debt Capacity,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(4), pages 1621-1657, April.
- Andrea Eisfeldt & Adriano Rampini, 2006. "Leasing, Ability to Repossess, and Debt Capacity," 2006 Meeting Papers 461, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Adriano Rampini & Andrea Eisfeldt, 2007. "Leasing, Ability to Repossess, and Debt Capacity," Working Papers 07-19, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Alain Capiez, 2000. "Evaluation du crédit-bail et risque de crédit," Post-Print halshs-00587435, HAL.
- Beattie, Vivien & Goodacre, Alan & Thomson, Sarah, 2000. "Operating leases and the assessment of lease-debt substitutability," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 427-470, March.
- Grenadier, Steven R., 1995. "Valuing lease contracts A real-options approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 297-331, July.
- Antonello Callimaci & Anne Fortin & Suzanne Landry, 2011. "Determinants of leasing propensity in Canadian listed companies," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(3), pages 259-283, June.
- Gal, Peter & Pinter, Gabor, 2013. "Capital over the business cycle: renting versus ownership," Bank of England working papers 478, Bank of England.
- John Benjamin & Chris de la Torre & Jim Musumeci, 1998. "Rationales for Real Estate Leasing versus Owning," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 15(3), pages 223-238.
- Grenadier, Steven R., 1996. "Leasing and credit risk," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 333-364, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.