The Use of the Control Variate Technique in Option Pricing
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 23 (1988)
Issue (Month): 03 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kocagil, Ahmet E. & Eduardo, Benjamin E., 1996. "Impacts of new environmental standards on mining industry: The case of Peru," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 291-310, October.
- Leisen, Dietmar, 1996. "Pricing the American Put Option: A Detailed Convergence Analysis for Binomial Models," Discussion Paper Serie B 366, University of Bonn, Germany, revised Jul 1996.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1995. "The impact of default risk on the prices of options and other derivative securities," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 299-322, May.
- Doriana Ruffino, 2007. "Resuscitating The Businessman Risk: A Rationale For Familiarity-Based Portfolios," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2007-037, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Dasheng Ji & B. Brorsen, 2011. "A recombining lattice option pricing model that relaxes the assumption of lognormality," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 349-367, October.
- Martzoukos, Spiros H. & Trigeorgis, Lenos, 2002. "Real (investment) options with multiple sources of rare events," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 136(3), pages 696-706, February.
- Zhongdi Cen & Anbo Le & Aimin Xu, 2012. "A Second-Order Difference Scheme for the Penalized Black–Scholes Equation Governing American Put Option Pricing," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 40(1), pages 49-62, June.
- Ekvall, Niklas, 1996. "A lattice approach for pricing of multivariate contingent claims," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 214-228, June.
- Chuang-Chang Chang & Jun-Biao Lin, 2010. "The valuation of multivariate contingent claims under transformed trinomial approaches," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 23-36, January.
- Leisen, Dietmar P. J., 1998. "Pricing the American put option: A detailed convergence analysis for binomial models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1419-1444, August.
- Doriana Ruffino, 2014.
"Resuscitating Businessman Risk: A Rationale for Familiarity-Based Portfolios,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 17(1), pages 107-130, January.
- Doriana Ruffino, 2013. "Code and data files for "Resuscitating Businessman Risk: A Rationale for Familiarity-based Portfolios"," Computer Codes 11-295, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Doriana Ruffino, 2012. "Resuscitating Businessman Risk: A Rationale for Familiarity-Based Portfolios," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 252, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Ammann, Manuel & Kind, Axel & Wilde, Christian, 2003. "Are convertible bonds underpriced? An analysis of the French market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 635-653, April.
- Frimpong, Samuel & Whiting, Jerry M, 1997. "Derivative mine valuation: strategic investment decisions in competitive markets," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 163-171, December.
- Mark Broadie & Jérôme B. Detemple, 1996. "Recent Advances in Numerical Methods for Pricing Derivative Securities," CIRANO Working Papers 96s-17, CIRANO.
- San-Lin Chung & Mark Shackleton, 2005. "On the use and improvement of Hull and White's control variate technique," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(16), pages 1171-1179.
- Campbell, Rachel A. & Kräussl, Roman, 2006. "Does patience pay? Empirical testing of the option to delay accepting a tender offer in the US banking sector," CFS Working Paper Series 2006/32, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Norden, Lars, 2003. "Asymmetric option price distribution and bid-ask quotes: consequences for implied volatility smiles," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4-5), pages 423-441, December.
- Engstrom, Malin & Norden, Lars, 2000. "The early exercise premium in American put option prices," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 461-479, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.