Repurchase Tender Offers, Signaling, and Managerial Incentives
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
Volume (Year): 19 (1984)
Issue (Month): 02 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JFQProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nohel, Tom & Tarhan, Vefa, 1998. "Share repurchases and firm performance:: new evidence on the agency costs of free cash flow," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 187-222, August.
- Gunnar Bårdsen & Jurgen Doornik & Jan Tore Klovland, 2004.
"A European-type wage equation from an American-style labor market: Evidence from a panel of Norwegian manufacturing industries in the 1930s,"
2004/8, Norges Bank.
- Gunnar Bårdsen & Jurgen Doornik & Jan Tore Klovland, 2004. "A European-type wage equation from an American-style labor market: Evidence from a panel of Norwegian manufacturing industries in the 1930s," Working Paper 2004/4, Norges Bank.
- George W. Fenn & Nellie Liang, 1997. "Good news and bad news about share repurchases," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-04, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jong, A. de & Dijk, R. van & Veld, C.H., 2001. "The Dividend and Share Repurchase Policies of Canadian Firms," Research Paper ERS-2001-88-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Lee, Chun I. & Ejara, Demissew Diro & Gleason, Kimberly C., 2010. "An empirical analysis of European stock repurchases," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(2-3), pages 114-125, July.
- Oded, Jacob, 2011. "Stock repurchases: How firms choose between a self tender offer and an open-market program," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 3174-3187.
- Peyer, Urs C. & Vermaelen, Theo, 2005. "The many facets of privately negotiated stock repurchases," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 361-395, February.
- Jung, Sung-Chang & Lee, Yong-Gyo & Thornton, John Jr., 2005. "An empirical comparison between operations of stabilization funds and stock repurchases in Korea," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 319-341, June.
- Powell, O.R., 2010. "Essays on experimental bubble markets," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-4219264, Tilburg University.
- Johannes A. Skjeltorp & Bernt Arne Ødegaard, 2004. "The ownership structure of repurchasing firms," Working Paper 2004/7, Norges Bank.
- Firth, Michael & Leung, T.Y. & Rui, Oliver M., 2010.
"Double signals or single signal? An investigation of insider trading around share repurchases,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 376-388, October.
- Michael Firth & T. Y. Leung & Oliver M. Rui, 2008. "Double Signals or Single Signal? An Investigation of Insider Trading Around Share Repurchases," Working Papers 222008, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- de Jong, Abe & van Dijk, Ronald & Veld, Chris, 2003. "The dividend and share repurchase policies of Canadian firms: empirical evidence based on an alternative research design," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 349-377.
- de Jong, Abe & Dutordoir, Marie & Verwijmeren, Patrick, 2011. "Why do convertible issuers simultaneously repurchase stock? An arbitrage-based explanation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 113-129, April.
- Fenn, George W. & Liang, Nellie, 2001. "Corporate payout policy and managerial stock incentives," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 45-72, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.