Warfare, Taxation, and Political Change: Evidence from the Italian Risorgimento
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal The Journal of Economic History.
Volume (Year): 71 (2011)
Issue (Month): 04 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEHProvider-Email:email@example.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bertocchi, Graziella & Bozzano, Monica, 2013.
"Women, Medieval Commerce, and the Education Gender Gap,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
9359, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bertocchi, Graziella & Bozzano, Monica, 2013. "Women, Medieval Commerce, and the Education Gender Gap," IZA Discussion Papers 7224, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Graziella Bertocchi & Monica Bozzano, 2012. "Women, Medieval Commerce, and the Education Gender Gap," CHILD Working Papers Series 10, Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic Economics (CHILD) - CCA.
- Graziella Bertocchi & Monica Bozzano, 2013. "Women, Medieval Commerce, and the Education Gender Gap," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 088, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics.
- Hicks, Daniel L., 2013. "War and the political zeitgeist: Evidence from the history of female suffrage," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 60-81.
- Mark Dincecco & Mauricio Prado, 2012.
"Warfare, fiscal capacity, and performance,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 171-203, September.
- Johnson, Noel D & Koyama, Mark, 2011.
"Taxes, lawyers, and the decline of witch trials in France,"
34266, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Noel D. Johnson & Mark Koyama, 2014. "Taxes, Lawyers, and the Decline of Witch Trials in France," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 77 - 112.
- Toke Aidt & Peter S. Jensen, 2013.
"Democratization and the Size of Government: Evidence from the Long 19th Century,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4132, CESifo Group Munich.
- Toke Aidt & Peter Jensen, 2013. "Democratization and the size of government: evidence from the long 19th century," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 157(3), pages 511-542, December.
- Levine, David K. & Modica, Salvatore, 2013. "Anti-Malthus: Conflict and the evolution of societies," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 289-306.
- David K. Levine & Salvatore Modica, 2012. "Conflict and the evolution of societies," Working Papers 2012-032, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Carlo Ciccarelli & Alessandro Nuvolari, 2014. "Technical Change, Non-Tariff Trade Barriers and the Development of the Italian Locomotives Industry, 1850-1913," CEIS Research Paper 305, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 07 Feb 2014.
- David K Levine & Salvatore Modica, 2013. "Conflict, Evolution, Hegemony, and the Power of the State," Levine's Working Paper Archive 786969000000000692, David K. Levine.
- David K. Levine & Salvatore Modica, 2013. "Conflict, evolution, hegemony, and the power of the state," Working Papers 2013-023, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.