Britain's Productivity Gap in the 1930s: Some Neglected Factors
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal The Journal of Economic History.
Volume (Year): 52 (1992)
Issue (Month): 03 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEHProvider-Email:email@example.com
Other versions of this item:
- Broadberry, S.N. & Crafts, N.R.F., 1990. "Britain'S Productivity Gap In The 1930s : Some Neglected Factors," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 364, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicholas Crafts & Peter Fearon, 2010.
"Lessons from the 1930s Great Depression,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 285-317, Autumn.
- Crafts, Nicholas; Fearon, Peter, 2010. "Lessons from the 1930s' Great Depression," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 23, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Crafts, Nicholas & Fearon, Peter, 2010. "Lessons from the 1930s' Great Depression," CEPR Discussion Papers 8057, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:cge:warwcg:90 is not listed on IDEAS
- Crafts, Nicholas, 2011.
"British Relative Economic Decline Revisited,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8384, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jong, H. de & Woltjer, P., 2009. "A Comparison of Real Output and Productivity for British and American Manufacturing in 1935," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-108, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Nicholas Oulton & María Sebastiá-Barriel, 2013.
"Long and Short-Term Effects of the Financial Crisis on Labour Productivity, Capital and Output,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp1185, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Nicholas Oulton & María Sebastiá-Barriel, 2013. "Long and short-term effects of the financial crisis on labour productivity, capital and output," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 48926, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Oulton, Nicholas & Sebastia-Barriel, Maria, 2013. "Long and short-term effects of the financial crisis on labour productivity, capital and output," Bank of England working papers 470, Bank of England.
- Crafts, Nicholas, 2012. "British relative economic decline revisited: The role of competition," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 17-29.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2013.
"Medium and long run prospects for UK growth in the aftermath of the financial crisis,"
1307, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Nicholas Oulton, 2013. "Medium and Long Run Prospects for UK Growth in the Aftermath of the Financial Crisis," CEP Occasional Papers 37, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- repec:cge:warwcg:42 is not listed on IDEAS
- Broadberry, Stephen; Crafts, Nicholas., 2010. "Openness, Protectionism And Britain’S Productivity Performance Over The Long-Run," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 36, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Barry Eichengreen & Albrecht Ritschl, 2009.
"Understanding West German economic growth in the 1950s,"
Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History,
Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 3(3), pages 191-219, October.
- Barry Eichengreen & Albrecht Ritschl, 2008. "Understanding West German economic growth in the 1950s," Economic History Working Papers 22304, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Barry Eichengreen & Albrecht Ritschl, 2008. "Understanding West German Economic Growth in the 1950s," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-068, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Broadberry, Stephen & Ghosal, Sayantan, 2005. "Technology, organisation and productivity performance in services: lessons from Britain and the United States since 1870," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 437-466, December.
- Herman De Jong & Pieter Woltjer, 2011. "Depression dynamics: a new estimate of the Anglo‐American manufacturing productivity gap in the interwar period," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 64(2), pages 472-492, 05.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.