Population Change and Farm Settlement in the Northern United States
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal The Journal of Economic History.
Volume (Year): 36 (1976)
Issue (Month): 01 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEHProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Timothy W. Guinnane, 2011.
"The Historical Fertility Transition: A Guide for Economists,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 49(3), pages 589-614, September.
- Guinnane, Timothy W., 2010. "The Historical Fertility Transition: A Guide for Economists," Working Papers 84, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Timothy W. Guinnane, 2010. "The Historical Fertility Transition: A Guide for Economists," Working Papers 990, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Dov Friedlander, 1983. "Demographic responses and socioeconomic structure: Population processes in England and Wales in the nineteenth century," Demography, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 249-272, August.
- Thomas Merrick, 1978. "Fertility and land availability in rural Brazil," Demography, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 321-336, August.
- Guillaume Vandenbroucke, 2008.
"The U.S. Westward Expansion,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 49(1), pages 81-110, 02.
- John Knodel, 1979. "From natural fertility to family limitation: The onset of fertility transition in a sample of German villages," Demography, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 493-521, November.
- Guillaume Vandenbroucke, 2004.
"The American Frontier: Technology versus Immigration,"
Economie d'Avant Garde Research Reports
7, Economie d'Avant Garde.
- Guillaume Vandenbroucke, 2008. "The American Frontier: Technology versus Immigration," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 11(2), pages 283-301, April.
- Michael R. Haines & Avery M. Guest, 1995.
"Fertility and Marriage in New York State in the Era of the Civil War,"
NBER Historical Working Papers
0070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M. Haines, 1995. "Fertility and Marriage in New York State in the Era of the Civil War," CPE working papers 0009, University of Chicago - Centre for Population Economics.
- William Mosher, 1980. "Demographic responses and demographic transitions: A case study of sweden," Demography, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 395-412, November.
- Michael R. Haines & J. David Hacker, 2006. "The Puzzle of the Antebellum Fertility Decline in the United States: New Evidence and Reconsideration," NBER Working Papers 12571, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raymond D. Sauer, 2001. "The political economy of gambling regulation," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1-3), pages 5-15.
- Stewart, James I., 2006. "Migration to the agricultural frontier and wealth accumulation, 1860-1870," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 547-577, October.
- Clement Ahiadeke & Dominic Der, 2013. "Population Density and Fertility in Farm Households: A Study of the Millennium Development Authority Zones in Ghana," Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 927-947, August.
- J. Hacker, 2003. "Rethinking the “early” decline of marital fertility in the united states," Demography, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 605-620, November.
- Jungeilges, Jochen A. & Theisen, Theis, 2008. "A comparative study of equity judgements in Lithuania and Norway," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 1090-1118, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.