The Calculation of the Limiting Distribution of the Least-Squares Estimator in a Near-Integrated Model
AbstractWe Tabulate the Limiting Cumulative Distribution and Probability Density Functions of the Least Squares Estimator in a First-Order Autoregressive Regression When the True Model Is Near-Integrated in the Sense of Phillips (1986 A). the Results Are Obtained Using an Exact Numerical Method Which Integrates the Appropriate Limiting Moment Generating Function. the Adequacy of the Approximation Is Examined by Monte Carlo Methods for Various First-Order Autogressive Processes with a Root Close to Unity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 5 (1989)
Issue (Month): 02 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:email@example.com
Other versions of this item:
- Perron, P., 1987. "The Calculation of the Limiting Distribution of the Least Squares Estimator in Near-Integrated Model," Cahiers de recherche 8748, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Perron, P., 1994.
"The Adequacy of Asymptotic Approximations in the Near- Integrated Autoregressive Model with Dependent Errors,"
Cahiers de recherche
9424, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Perron, Pierre, 1996. "The adequacy of asymptotic approximations in the near-integrated autoregressive model with dependent errors," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 317-350, February.
- Perron, P., 1994. "The Adequacy of Asymptotic Approximations in the Near-Integrated Autoregressive Model with Dependent Errors," Cahiers de recherche 9424, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Pierre Perron & Cosme Vodounou, 2001.
"Asymptotic approximations in the near-integrated model with a non-zero initial condition,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 4(1), pages 42.
- PERRON, Pierre & VODOUNOU, Cosme, 1998. "Asymptotic Approximations in the Near-Integrated Model with a Non-Zero Initial Condition," Cahiers de recherche 9815, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Hendrik P. van Dalen & Kene Henkens, 2000. "What makes a Scientific Article influential?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-032/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Mukhtar M. Ali, 1996. "Exact Distribution of the Least Squares Estimator in a First- Order Autoregressive Model," Econometrics 9604001, EconWPA.
- Mukhtar Ali, 2002. "Distribution Of The Least Squares Estimator In A First-Order Autoregressive Model," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 89-119.
- Karim M. Abadir & Andre Lucas, 2000.
"A Comparison of Minimum MSE and Maximum Power for the nearly Integrated Non-Gaussian Model,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
00-033/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Abadir, Karim M. & Lucas, Andre, 2004. "A comparison of minimum MSE and maximum power for the nearly integrated non-Gaussian model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 45-71, March.
- Karim M. Abadir & André Lucas, . "A Comparison of Minimum MSE and Maximum Power for the Nearly Integrated Non-Gaussian Model," Discussion Papers 00/21, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Karim M. Abadir & Andre Lucas, 2000. "A Comparison of Minimum MSE and Maximum Power for the nearly Integrated Non-Gaussian Model," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-033/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Stock, James H., 1991.
"Confidence intervals for the largest autoregressive root in U.S. macroeconomic time series,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 435-459, December.
- James H. Stock, 1991. "Confidence Intervals for the Largest Autoresgressive Root in U.S. Macroeconomic Time Series," NBER Technical Working Papers 0105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mukhtar M. Ali, 1996. "Distribution of the Least Squares Estimator in a First-Order Autoregressive Model," Econometrics 9610004, EconWPA.
- Eric Ghysels & Denise R. Osborn & Paulo M. M. Rodrigues, 1999. "Seasonal Nonstationarity and Near-Nonstationarity," CIRANO Working Papers 99s-05, CIRANO.
- Marcus J. Chambers, 2013. "The Calculation of Some Limiting Distributions Arising in Near-Integrated Models with GLS Detrending," Economics Discussion Papers 727, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.