AbstractTypically in time series econometrics, for many statistics, a rescaled integrated process is replaced with Brownian motion to find the limit distribution. For averages of functions of a rescaled integrated process, Park and Phillips have shown that this remains true for functions with poles, as long as a sample-size-dependent region around the poles is excluded from consideration, the function is locally integrable, and some other regularity conditions hold. In this addendum, I show that under some regularity conditions on the function under consideration, there is no need for such a sample-size-dependent region around the pole in Park and Phillips theorem, as long as the function under consideration is locally integrable.The author thanks four anonymous referees and Professor Phillips for their comments and suggestions and Benedikt P tscher for suggestions and for pointing out an error in a previous version of this paper.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 20 (2004)
Issue (Month): 03 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wang, Qiying & Phillips, Peter C.B., 2009.
"Asymptotic Theory For Local Time Density Estimation And Nonparametric Cointegrating Regression,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 710-738, June.
- Qiying Wang & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2006. "Asymptotic Theory for Local Time Density Estimation and Nonparametric Cointegrating Regression," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1594, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Heinen, Florian, 2011. "A note on testing for purchasing power parity," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover dp-471, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Kasparis, Ioannis, 2010. "The Bierens test for certain nonstationary models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 158(2), pages 221-230, October.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 2008.
"Local Limit Theory and Spurious Nonparametric Regression,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1654, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Phillips, Peter C.B., 2009. "Local Limit Theory And Spurious Nonparametric Regression," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(06), pages 1466-1497, December.
- Lee, Jungick & de Jong, Robert M., 2008. "Exponential functionals of integrated processes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 181-184, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.