A Unified Approach To The Measurement Error Problem In Time Series Models
AbstractThe measurement error problem that we consider in this paper is concerned with the situation where time series data of various kinds short memory, long memory, and random walk processes are contaminated by white noise. We suggest a unified approach to testing for the existence of such noise. It is found that the power of our test crucially depends on the underlying process.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 18 (2002)
Issue (Month): 02 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Asai, Manabu & McAleer, Michael & Medeiros, Marcelo C., 2012.
"Modelling and forecasting noisy realized volatility,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 217-230, January.
- Manabu Asai & Michael McAleer & Marcelo C. Medeiros, 2009. "Modelling and Forecasting Noisy Realized Volatility," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-669, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Manabu Asai & Michael McAleer & Marcelo C. Medeiros, 2011. "Modelling and Forecasting Noisy Realized Volatility," Documentos del Instituto Complutense de AnÃ¡lisis EconÃ³mico 2011-09, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Manuabu Asai & Michael McAleer & Marcelo C. Medeiros, 2010. "Modelling and Forecasting Noisy Realized Volatility," Working Papers in Economics 10/21, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Asai, M. & McAleer, M.J. & Medeiros, M., 2011. "Modelling and Forecasting Noisy Realized Volatility," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2011-05, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Manabu Asai & Michael McAleer & Marcelo C. Medeiros, 2011. "Modelling and Forecasting Noisy Realized Volatility," KIER Working Papers 758, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.