ESTIMATING ADDITIVE NONPARAMETRIC MODELS BY PARTIAL Lq NORM: THE CURSE OF FRACTIONALITY
AbstractWe propose a new method for estimating additive nonparametric regression models based on taking the Lq median of a sample of kernel estimators. We establish the consistency and asymptotic normality of our procedures. The rate of convergence depends on the value of q. For q 3/2 one has the usual one-dimensional rate, but if q 3/2 the rate can be slower.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal Econometric Theory.
Volume (Year): 17 (2001)
Issue (Month): 06 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECTProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Other versions of this item:
- Oliver Linton, 2001. "Estimating additive nonparametric models by partial Lq norm: the curse of fractionality," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 319, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Efang Kong & Oliver Linton & Yingcun Xia, 2009.
"Uniform Bahadur Representation for LocalPolynomial Estimates of M-Regressionand Its Application to The Additive Model,"
STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series
/2009/535, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Kong, Efang & Linton, Oliver & Xia, Yingcun, 2010. "Uniform Bahadur Representation For Local Polynomial Estimates Of M-Regression And Its Application To The Additive Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(05), pages 1529-1564, October.
- Gao, Jiti, 2007. "Nonlinear time series: semiparametric and nonparametric methods," MPRA Paper 39563, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2007.
- Efang Kong & Oliver Linton & Yingcun Xia, 2011.
"Global Bahadur representation for nonparametric censored regression quantiles and its applications,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP33/11, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Kong, Efang & Linton, Oliver & Xia, Yingcun, 2013. "Global Bahadur Representation For Nonparametric Censored Regression Quantiles And Its Applications," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(05), pages 941-968, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.