Peter Bauer and the Failure of Foreign Aid
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cato Journal, Cato Institute in its journal Cato Journal.
Volume (Year): 29 (2009)
Issue (Month): 3 (Fall)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1000 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W., Washington D.C. 20001-5403
Phone: (202) 842-0200
Fax: (202) 842-3490
Web page: http://www.cato.org/pubs/journal/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Svensson, Jakob, 2003. "Why conditional aid does not work and what can be done about it?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 381-402, April.
- David Canning, 2006.
"The Economics of HIV/AIDS in Low-Income Countries: The Case for Prevention,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 20(3), pages 121-142, Summer.
- David Canning, 2006. "The Economics of HIV/AIDS in Low-Income Countries: The Case for Prevention," PGDA Working Papers 1806, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- William Easterly, 2009.
"Can the West Save Africa?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 47(2), pages 373-447, June.
- James A. Dorn, 2002. "Economic Development and Freedom:The Legacy of Peter Bauer," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 22(2), pages 355-371, Fall.
- William Easterly, 2003. "Can Foreign Aid Buy Growth?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(3), pages 23-48, Summer.
- Ritva Reinikka & Jakob Svensson, 2004. "Local Capture: Evidence From a Central Government Transfer Program in Uganda," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 119(2), pages 678-704, May.
- Bauer, P. T., 1975. "N.H. Stern on substance and method in development economics," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 387-405, December.
- Ronald Ravinesh Kumar & Radika Kumar, 2012. "Exploring sectoral elasticity vis-�-vis per worker income with a focus to agriculture: a study of Sub-Saharan Africa," African Journal of Economic and Sustainable Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 27-48.
- Kumar, Ronald R., 2010. "Impact of trade openness, remittances, capital inflows & financial development on income in Vanuatu," MPRA Paper 33221, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ibrahim Sirkeci & Jeffrey H. Cohen & Dilip Ratha, 2012. "Migration and Remittances during the Global Financial Crisis and Beyond," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13092, October.
- Kumar, Ronald/R, 2011. "Role of Trade, Aid, Remittances and Financial Development in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 38871, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ranis, Gustav, 2013. "Another look at foreign aid," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gustav Ranis, 2011. "Giving Up on Foreign Aid?," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 31(1), pages 75-81, Winter.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Emily Ekins).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.