Salary Discrimination in the National Hockey League: The Effects of Team Location
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Toronto Press in its journal Canadian Public Policy.
Volume (Year): 21 (1995)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: University of Toronto Press Journals Division 5201 Dufferin Street Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3H 5T8
Web page: http://economics.ca/cpp/
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. C. H. Jones & William D. Walsh, 1988. "Salary determination in the National Hockey League: The effects of skills, franchise characteristics, and discrimination," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 41(4), pages 592-604, July.
- Robert C. McLean & Michael R. Veall, 1992. "Performance and Salary Differentials in the National Hockey League," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 18(4), pages 470-475, December.
- Scully, Gerald W, 1974. "Pay and Performance in Major League Baseball," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 915-30, December.
- Marc Lavoie & Gilles Grenier & Serge Coulombe, 1989. "Discrimination versus English Proficiency in the National Hockey League: A Reply," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 15(1), pages 98-101, March.
- Dennis Coates & Sungil Hong & Michael Mondello, 2011. "An Examination of the Effects of the Recent Economic Crisis on Major League Baseball (MLB) Attendance Demand," UMBC Economics Department Working Papers 11-136, UMBC Department of Economics.
- Neil Longley, 1997. "Do English Canadian Hockey Teams Discriminate Against French Canadian Players?: A Comment on `Salary Discrimination in the National Hockey League'," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 23(2), pages 217-220, June.
- John P. Haisken-DeNew & Matthias Vorell, 2008. "Blood Money: Incentives for Violence in NHL Hockey," Ruhr Economic Papers 0047, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Lawrence M. Kahn, 2000. "The Sports Business as a Labor Market Laboratory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 75-94, Summer.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.