Competition in Maurice Allais’ works
AbstractCompetition is a keyword in the works of Maurice Allais. From analytical point of view, competition, as differentiated sector with multiple enterprises under perfect competition, coexist with a non-differentiated sector with single nationalized company. Moreover, competition is not spontaneous but organized by law. Planning competition allows for a balance between market’s forces and state’s regulation. From doctrinal point of view, competition is an alternative to laissez-faire and central planning. The works of Maurice Allais are presented in the intellectual context of his time (Lippmann, International Center for Renovation of Liberalism). In the footsteps of Walter Lippmann and Louis Rougier, Maurice Allais lays the foundations of a new economic liberalism based on competition rather than on private property (Jacques Rueff ).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by L'Harmattan in its journal Cahiers d'économie Politique.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 62 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cahiersdecopo.fr/fr/
Postal: 142 rue du faubourg Saint-Martin. 75010 Paris, France.
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- B24 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Socialist; Marxist; Scraffian
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - General
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlos Andrés Vasco Correa).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.