Activity of Microfinance Institutions in the Period of the Global Financial Crisis
AbstractThe article examines the models of microfinance institutions (MFIs) and some alterations in this field. The regional distribution of MFIs has been shown, as well as their main ties with the real economy against a background of commercial banks. The study also provide some findings on the influence of the financial crisis, which erupted in the late 2007, on the microfinance sector. Therefore, the author analyzed the literature and quantitative data in order to determine these relation-ships.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wydawnictwo Naukowe Uniwersytetu Mikolaja Kopernika in its journal Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy.
Volume (Year): 8, Issue 1 (2013)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.wydawnictwoumk.pl
microfinance institutions; loans; deposits;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gabriel Di Bella, 2011. "The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Microfinance and Policy Implications," IMF Working Papers 11/175, International Monetary Fund.
- Rajdeep Sengupta & Craig P. Aubuchon, 2008. "The microfinance revolution: an overview," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 9-30.
- AnneWelle-Strand & Kristian Kjollesdal & Nick Sitter, 2010. "Assessing Microfinance: The Bosnia and Herzegovina Case," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 8(2), pages 145-166.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Miroslawa Buczynska).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.