Self-Discovery in a Development Strategy for El Salvador
AbstractWe study the causes of low growth in El Salvador, a country with an impressive record of political, macroeconomic, and structural reform. We apply a growth diagnostic methodology and conclude that market failures in the process of “self-discovering” the country’s productive potential is a main obstacle to investment and growth. We propose a set of policies to tackle this constraint.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by LACEA - LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION in its journal Journal of LACEA Economia.
Volume (Year): (2005)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank, 2007. "Tanzania - Sustaining and Sharing Economic Growth : Country Economic Memorandum and Poverty Assessment, Volume 1. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7703, The World Bank.
- Samuel W. Malone, 2011. "Sovereign indebtedness, default, and gambling for redemption," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 63(2), pages 331-354, April.
- Robert J. Utz, 2007. "Sustaining and Sharing Economic Growth in Tanzania : Contents of CD Rom," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6894.
- World Bank, 2012. "Better Jobs in Central America : The Role of Human Capital," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11924, The World Bank.
- Doyle, Matthew, 2002.
"Informational Externalities, Strategic Delay, and the Search for Optimal Policy,"
Staff General Research Papers
10046, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Matthew Doyle, 2010. "Informational externalities, strategic delay, and optimal investment subsidies," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 43(3), pages 941-966, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carolina Prada Gutiérrez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.