Testing The Short And Long Run Exchange Rate Effects On The Trade Balance: The Case Of Colombia
AbstractThis paper examines the role of the Exchange rate in determining the short and long run trade balance behavior for Colombia testing the BRM and ML conditions, and the J-curve hypothesis. It uses a regression model formulation which includes income and money so that the monetary and absorption approaches to the balance of payments are also examined.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE in its journal ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA.
Volume (Year): (1999)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hernán Rincón, 2000.
"Efectividad del control a los flujos de capital: Un reexamen empírico de la experiencia reciente en Colombia,"
REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO,
UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Hernán Rincón, . "Efectividad del Control a los Flujos de Capital: Un Reexamen Empírico de la Experiencia Reciente en Colombia," Borradores de Economia 132, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Hernán Rincón & Edgar Caicedo & Norberto Rodríguez, .
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through Effects: A Disaggregate Analysis of Colombian Imports of Manufactured Goods,"
Borradores de Economia
330, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Hernán Rincón & Édgar Caicedo & Norberto Rodríguez, 2007. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through Effects:A Disaggregate Analysis Of Colombianimports Of Manufactured Goods," ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE.
- Hernán Rincón & Edgar Caicedo & Norberto Rodríguez, 2005. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through Effects : A Disaggregate Analysis Of Colombian Imports Of Manufactured Goods," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002682, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Leonardo Villar & Hernán Rincón, .
"The Colombian Economy in the nineties: Capital Flows and Foreign Exchange Regimes,"
Borradores de Economia
149, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Leonardo Villar & Hernán Rincón, 2000. "The Colombian Economy In The Nineties: Capital Flows And Foreign Exchange Regimes," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003575, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ESPE).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.