Monetary Policy in Colombia
AbstractThis article is a historical account of monetary policy inColombia. Since it is an account of monetary policy in anopen economy, the emphasis is on the concepts of the“trilema” of monetary policy, nominal anchor, and monetaryregimes. In addition, the account includes the current periodof inflation targeting regime, presents the academicantecedents and the definition of inflation targeting, anddescribes the current characteristics of this regime in Co-lombia. The main policy implication is that the mostimportant requirement for maintaining price stability is forthe Banco de la República to keep the inflation target firm, and, steerinterest rates to meet the inflation objective in the face of increases ininflation caused by demand pressure, devaluation and increases in the in-flation of food prices.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE in its journal ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA.
Volume (Year): (2006)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Miguel Urrutia, 2002.
"UNA VISIÓN ALTERNATIVA: La Política Monetaria y Cambiaria en la Última Década,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
003731, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Miguel Urrutia, . "UNA VISION ALTERNATIVA: La Política Monetaria y Cambiaria en la Ültima Década," Borradores de Economia 207, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1963. "A Monetary History of the United States, 1867-1960," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie63-1.
- Laurence Ball & Niamh Sheridan, 2003.
"Does Inflation Targeting Matter?,"
NBER Working Papers
9577, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2003. "Inflation Targeting in the World Economy," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 346.
- Levy-Yeyati, Eduardo & Sturzenegger, Federico, 2005. "Classifying exchange rate regimes: Deeds vs. words," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 1603-1635, August.
- Bofinger, Peter, 2001. "Monetary Policy: Goals, Institutions, Strategies, and Instruments," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199248568.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2004. "Capital Flows and Crises," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262550598, January.
- Javier Guillermo Gómez, 2006. "La Política Monetaria En Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003054, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ESPE).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.