Considerations On The Intercultural Management Models Of Work Teams In The Context Of Globalization
AbstractThe changes within the organizations, the mutations of the employment market have determined the manifestation of a modern organizational phenomenon, namely the intercultural work teams (IWT). The statement that work teams are a microcosm of organization’s high performance, as a whole, induces the idea that the organizations performance, in the present business world context , consists also of the managers capacity to improve the work teams performances. This represents a challenge for the IWT managers, these being the manifestation of the interaction between people with different values and behaviors. In my opinion if the elements of the cultural (national) dimensions are ignored, by no implementing an intercultural management, this could be an obstacle against obtaining the IWT performance. Ensuing from bibliographical research, I have identified up to now various performance and intercultural management models applied to the working teams. Now I will follow how these models could be applied, improved or combined, in the context of intercultural component of working teams.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department in its journal CrossCultural Management Journal.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 26 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://bxb.ro/
Management; intercultural; team;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M16 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - International Business Administration
- M51 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - Firm Employment Decisions; Promotions
- M50 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - General
- M0 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - General
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bibu, Nicolae Aurelian & Brancu, Laura, 2008. "Convergences of the Romanian societal culture with European culture clusters in the process of European integration. The role of intercultural teams management in increasing European cohesion," MPRA Paper 9476, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Serghie Dan).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.