Do economics journal archives promote replicable research?
Abstractcan rarely be reproduced using the data+code in the journal archive. Recently created archives at top journals should avoid the mistakes of their predecessors. We categorize reasons for archives' failures and identify successful policies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Canadian Economics Association in its journal Canadian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 41 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Canadian Economics Association Prof. Steven Ambler, Secretary-Treasurer c/o Olivier Lebert, CEA/CJE/CPP Office C.P. 35006, 1221 Fleury Est Montréal, Québec, Canada H2C 3K4
Web page: http://economics.ca/cje/
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- B40 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - General
- C80 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Kleiber & Achim Zeileis, 2010.
"The Grunfeld Data at 50,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 11, pages 404-417, November.
- Sven Vlaeminck & Gert G. Wagner & Joachim Wagner & Dietmar Harhoff & Olaf Siegert, 2013. "Replizierbare Forschung in den Wirtschaftswissenschaften erhöhen – eine Herausforderung für wissenschaftliche Infrastrukturdienstleister," Working Paper Series of the German Council for Social and Economic Data 224, German Council for Social and Economic Data (RatSWD).
- Graham A. Davis, 2012. "Replicating Sachs and Warner: The 1997 Working Paper," Working Papers 2012-08, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- Sven Vlaeminck & Olaf Siegert, 2012. "Welche Rolle spielen Forschungsdaten eigentlich für Fachzeitschriften? Eine Analyse mit Fokus auf die Wirtschaftswissenschaften," Working Paper Series of the German Council for Social and Economic Data 210, German Council for Social and Economic Data (RatSWD).
- David Roodman & Jonathan Morduch, 2009.
"The Impact of Microcredit on the Poor in Bangladesh: Revisiting the Evidence,"
174, Center for Global Development.
- David Roodman & Jonathan Morduch, 2014. "The Impact of Microcredit on the Poor in Bangladesh: Revisiting the Evidence," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(4), pages 583-604, April.
- Roodman, David & Morduch, Jonathan, 2013. "The Impact of Microcredit on the Poor in Bangladesh: Revisiting the Evidence," CEI Working Paper Series 2013-02, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Duvendack, Maren & Palmer-Jones, Richard, 2011. "The microfinance of reproduction and the reproduction of microfinance: understanding the connections between microfinance, empowerment, contraception and fertility in Bangladesh in the 1990s," MPRA Paper 32384, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mueller-Langer, Frank & Andreoli-Versbach, Patrick, 2014. "Open Access to Research Data: Strategic Delay and the Ambiguous Welfare Effects of Mandatory Data Disclosure," Discussion Papers in Economics 21037, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Le Zhang & Andreas Ortmann, 2012. "A reproduction and replication of Engel’s meta-study of dictator game experiments," Discussion Papers 2012-44, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.