The Random Walk in Canadian Output
AbstractThis paper examines the time-series properties of Canadian real output for the years 1870 to 1985. In doing so, tests for unit roots in the univariate time-series representation of the series are performed. The testing procedures are based on recent work by Pierre Perron (1989) and allow for trend breaks.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Canadian Economics Association in its journal Canadian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 25 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Canadian Economics Association Prof. Steven Ambler, Secretary-Treasurer c/o Olivier Lebert, CEA/CJE/CPP Office C.P. 35006, 1221 Fleury Est Montréal, Québec, Canada H2C 3K4
Web page: http://economics.ca/cje/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guglielmo Caporale & Luis Gil-Alana, 2003. "Long memory and structural breaks in hyperinflation countries," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 136-152, June.
- Weymark, Diana N., 2004.
"Economic structure, policy objectives, and optimal interest rate policy at low inflation rates,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 25-51, March.
- Diana N. Weymark, 2003. "Economic Structure, Policy Objectives, and Optimal Interest Rate Policy at Low Inflation Rates," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0310, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Webster, Mort & Cho, Cheol-Hung, 2006. "Analysis of variability and correlation in long-term economic growth rates," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(5-6), pages 653-666, November.
- Maria del Mar Sanchez de la Vega & Arielle Beyaert, 1994. "Los contrastes de raíz unitaria con cambio estructural: una panorámica," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 2, pages 107-143, Diciembre.
- Gil-Alana, L. A. & Robinson, P. M., 1997. "Testing of unit root and other nonstationary hypotheses in macroeconomic time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 241-268, October.
- Gil-Alaña, Luis A., 2001. "Unit and fractional roots in the presence of abrupt changes with an application to the Brazilian inflation rate," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2001,67, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Oleksiy Kryvtsov & Malik Shukayev & Alexander Ueberfeldt, 2007. "Optimal Monetary Policy and Price Stability Over the Long-Run," Working Papers 07-26, Bank of Canada.
- Yevheniya Hyrina & Apostolos Serletis, 2010. "Purchasing power parity over a century," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(1), pages 117-144, January.
- Cunado, J. & Gil-Alana, L. A. & Perez de Gracia, F., 2004. "Is the US fiscal deficit sustainable?: A fractionally integrated approach," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 501-526.
- Diana N. Weymark, 2000. "Using Taylor Rules as Efficiency Benchmarks," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0043, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised Sep 2001.
- Gil-Alaña, Luis A., 2000. "Testing of unit roots and other fractionally integrated hypotheses in the presence of structural breaks," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2000,13, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.