Wage Contracts and the Unit Root Hypothesis
AbstractA model in which nominal wages are set by contracts that have cost-of-living objectives is likely to be consistent with the evidence of a unit root in the real GNP process of many countries. Values of the autoregressive root in the GNP process are calculated numerically for many countries using evidence available on the conduct of monetary policy and on the determination of inflation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Canadian Economics Association in its journal Canadian Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 23 (1990)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Canadian Economics Association Prof. Steven Ambler, Secretary-Treasurer c/o Olivier Lebert, CEA/CJE/CPP Office C.P. 35006, 1221 Fleury Est Montréal, Québec, Canada H2C 3K4
Web page: http://economics.ca/cje/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ascari, Guido & Garcia, Juan A., 2004.
"Relative wage concern: the missing piece in the contract multiplier?,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 343-369, December.
- G. Ascari & J. A. Garcia, 1999. "Relative Wage Concern: the Missing Piece in the Contract Multiplier?," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 32, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Boschen, John F. & Mills, Leonard O., 1995. "Tests of long-run neutrality using permanent monetary and real shocks," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 25-44, February.
- Ambler, Steven & Cardia, Emanuela & Phaneuf, Louis, 1992.
"Contrats de salaire, croissance endogène et fluctuations,"
Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 68(1), pages 175-204, mars et j.
- ambler, s. & cardia, e. & phaneuf, l., 1991. "contracts de salaire, croissance endogene et fluctuations," Cahiers de recherche 9124, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Ambler, S. & Cardia, E. & Phaneuf, L., 1991. "contracts de salaire, croissance endogene et fluctuations," Cahiers de recherche 9124, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- V. Bhaskar, 2002.
"On Endogenously Staggered Prices,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 69(1), pages 97-116.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.