Quel role pour les controles des mouvements internationaux de capitaux ?
AbstractLes annees quatre-vingt et quatre-vingt-dix sont marquees par un processus d’ouverture financiere internationale qui a d’abord touche les pays developpes avant d’atteindre les economies dites emergentes. Considerant les gains d’efficience lies a cette integration financiere, le Fonds Monetaire International fait desormais de la convertibilite du compte de capital un objectif central de son action. Or, la multiplication des crises monetaire et bancaire depuis la fin des annees quatre-vingt tend a remettre en cause le bien-fonde de cet objectif ultime de la mondialisation. Les institutions internationales ont repondu aux nouveaux defis de la globalisation financiere en proposant ce qu’il est convenu d’appeler aujourd’hui la nouvelle architecture du systeme financier international : transparence, responsabilisation et surveillance, ainsi que supervision en sont les piliers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CEPII research center in its journal Economie Internationale.
Volume (Year): (2000)
Issue (Month): 81 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kenneth A. Froot & Kenneth Rogoff, 1991.
"The EMS, the EMU, and the Transition to a Common Currency,"
in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1991, Volume 6, pages 269-328
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Kenneth Rogoff, 1991. "The EMS, the EMU, and the Transition to a Common Currency," NBER Working Papers 3684, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Leonardo Leiderman & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1993.
"Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of External Factors,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(1), pages 108-151, March.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1993. "“Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of External Factors," MPRA Paper 7125, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Leonardo Leiderman & Carmen Reinhart & Guillermo Calvo, 1992. "Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of External Factors," IMF Working Papers 92/62, International Monetary Fund.
- Francisco Nadal-De Simone & Piritta Sorsa, 1999. "A Review of Capital Account Restrictions in Chile in the 1990s," IMF Working Papers 99/52, International Monetary Fund.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & R. Todd Smith, 1996.
"Too much of a good thing: the macroeconomic effects of taxing capital inflows,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 436-464.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Smith, R. Todd, 1998. "Too much of a good thing: The macroeconomic effects of taxing capital inflows," MPRA Paper 13234, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Márcio gomes Pinto Garcia & Marcus Vinicius Ferrero Valpassos, 1998. "Capital flows, capital controls and currency crisis: the case of Brazil in the nineties," Textos para discussÃ£o 389, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Williamson, John, 1998.
"Crawling Bands or Monitoring Bands: How to Manage Exchange Rates in a World of Capital Mobility,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 59-79, October.
- John Williamson, 1999. "Crawling Bands or Monitoring Bands: How to Manage Exchange Rates in a World of Capital Mobility," Policy Briefs PB99-03, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Ozkan, F Gulcin & Sutherland, Alan, 1995. "Policy Measures to Avoid a Currency Crisis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(429), pages 510-19, March.
- P. Bernd Spahn, 1995. "International Financial Flows and Transactions Taxes: Survey and Options," IMF Working Papers 95/60, International Monetary Fund.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Froot, Kenneth A, 1990. "Chartists, Fundamentalists, and Trading in the Foreign Exchange Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 181-85, May.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1994. "Capital inflows to Latin America," MPRA Paper 13406, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Manuel Agosin & Ricardo French-Davis, 1997. "Managing capital inflows in Chile," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 24(2 Year 19), pages 297-326, December.
- Garber, Peter M, 1996. "Managing Risks to Financial Markets from Volatile Capital Flows: The Role of Prudential Regulation," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(3), pages 183-95, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.