The interrelationship between the demands of Corporate Social Responsibility and co-operative principles and values
AbstractCorporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and its integrated management in companies is leading to a new company model that willingly expands its concerns by giving equal consideration to economic, social and environmental aspects. Cooperative societies, in paying attention to the principles and values that define them, as shown in this work, are demonstrating that there is a close interrelationship with the basic demands of CSR, which can be a competitive advantage as long as it is driven by a strategy that leads to its integrated management. The singular structure and democratic composition of a cooperative’s management structure can guarantee the total integration of stakeholders in the decision-making process, as they are often not only owners, but also clients, suppliers and employees.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CIRIEC-España in its journal CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 73 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. dels Tarongers, s/n., Despacho 2P21, 46022 Valencia
Phone: 96 382 84 89 / 96 356 22 48
Fax: 96 382 84 92
Web page: http://www.ciriec.es/
More information through EDIRC
Corporate Social Responsibility; management; interest groups; cooperatives; stakeholders.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rafael Chaves & Robert Schediwy, 2004. "Introducción al monográfico "Gobierno, democracia y directivos en las empresas cooperativas"," CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa, CIRIEC-España, CIRIEC-España, issue 48, pages 5-10, April.
- Ricardo J. Server Izquierdo & Inmaculada Villalonga Grañana, 2005. "La Responsabilidad Social Corporativa (RSC) y su gestión integrada," CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa, CIRIEC-España, CIRIEC-España, issue 53, pages 137-161, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Chaves).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.