El turismo rural como agente económico: desarrollo y distribución de la renta en la zona de Priego de Córdoba
AbstractThe main aim of this paper is to prove that rural tourism can be an essential means of bringing about the development of regions where there is a significant socio-economic imbalance. In Spain, there are still many rural areas with low levels of income and productivity. Production in these areas generally revolves around economic activities that are directly linked to the primary sector, with high rates of unemployment. They therefore need to diversify their income. Our research includes fieldwork carried out in the Priego de C—rdoba region, where three types of econometric models have been developed. These tend to model the demand for rural tourism in this area in an attempt to forecast short- and medium-term demand and consider whether sustained growth is possible through an economic culture based on the development of tourism and efficient management of natural resources.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CIRIEC-España in its journal CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa.
Volume (Year): (2006)
Issue (Month): 55 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. dels Tarongers, s/n., Despacho 2P21, 46022 Valencia
Phone: 96 382 84 89 / 96 356 22 48
Fax: 96 382 84 92
Web page: http://www.ciriec.es/
More information through EDIRC
Rural tourism; local development; econometric model; rural areas; Andalusia.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C29 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Other
- H00 - Public Economics - - General - - - General
- R29 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mediano Serrano, Lucía, . "Incidencia del nuevo consumidor turístico en la estrategia de marketing," Revista de Dirección y Administración de Empresas, Universidad del País Vasco - Escuela Universitaria de Estudios Empresariales de San Sebastián.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Chaves).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.