Principales estrategias de gestión de la calidad desarrolladas por las almazaras cooperativas amparadas en la Denominación de Origen Montes de Toledo
AbstractThis paper aims to analyse the several possible commercial strategies that can be developed bay cooperative oil mills, looking mainly at quality strategies. The agro-food sector is experiencing a very important globalization process which can made it difficult for small and medium-size companies to survive, as it is the case with the oil mills. These Spanish cooperatives oil mills, and concretely speaking those located in the region of Castilla –La Mancha are hardly developing strategies that could differentiate their product to compete in new, global markets. We have undertaken a market research study to all cooperative oil mills which fall under the Designation of Origin "Montes de Toledo" in order to ascertain how these companies are coping in their efforts to penetrate new markets and what are the main disadvantages and problems they are facing.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CIRIEC-España in its journal CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa.
Volume (Year): (2005)
Issue (Month): 51 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. dels Tarongers, s/n., Despacho 2P21, 46022 Valencia
Phone: 96 382 84 89 / 96 356 22 48
Fax: 96 382 84 92
Web page: http://www.ciriec.es/
More information through EDIRC
Quality; Managed Firms; Cooperatives; Olive Sector.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J54 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Producer Cooperatives; Labor Managed Firms
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Adoración Mozas Moral, 2002. "La participación de los socios en las cooperativas agrarias: una aproximación empírica," CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa, CIRIEC-España, issue 40, pages 165-193, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Chaves).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.