Impactos del comercio justo del vino. Tres casos de empresas colectivas de productores en Chile
AbstractThe export of finished products such as wine fulfils one of the objectives of fair trade which is to let the producing countries obtain maximum revenue. The authors studies three organizations that are part of the fair trade wine sector: Los Robles, a sexagenarian winemaking cooperative; El Corazón, a cooperative that is a providing member of Los Robles; Sagrada Familia, a relative young organization present in the alternative market from its foundation. These three organizations are associated with the same organization of fair trade: Oxfram-Wereldwinkels. After presenting the reality of wine-growers, the authors analyzed the three organizations by defining their emerging conditions, their governance structure and their value chain activities. They then evaluated the impacts of being part of the movement of fair trade. After finding that these impacts were different in each case, the authors concluded that the performance of fair trade was closely linked with a mutual relationship between the participants. Furthermore, the authors indicate the importance of cooperation in commercial fair trade not only between the North and South, but also within the organizations located in the South.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CIRIEC-España in its journal CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa.
Volume (Year): (2003)
Issue (Month): 46 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. dels Tarongers, s/n., Despacho 2P21, 46022 Valencia
Phone: 96 382 84 89 / 96 356 22 48
Fax: 96 382 84 92
Web page: http://www.ciriec.es/
More information through EDIRC
Fair Trade; Wine; cooperative; impacts; producers; Los Robles; El Corazón; Sagrada Familia; Oxfam-Wereldwinkels; performance; Chile.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D29 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Other
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antonio Socías Salvá & Natividad Doblas, 2005. "El comercio justo: implicaciones económicas y solidarias," CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa, CIRIEC-España, issue 51, pages 7-24, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Chaves).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.