Economía social y sector no lucrativo: Actualidad científica y perspectivas
AbstractIn this paper, we intend to analyze some scientific questions of current importance in the Social Economy field and Non-profit sector. In the first place, we show the growing economical importance of this field in Europe, based on the results obtained in the last transnational study. Secondly, we try to think about the concept of non-profit as well as about the position of co-operatives and associations within the Non-profit sector, introducing some criteria of analysis. Immediately after, we study this economical field under a “social” point of view. Finally, the paper analyses the place and content of Social Economy, both business and non-profit sectors, within the limits of European public policies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CIRIEC-España in its journal CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa.
Volume (Year): (2001)
Issue (Month): 37 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Av. dels Tarongers, s/n., Despacho 2P21, 46022 Valencia
Phone: 96 382 84 89 / 96 356 22 48
Fax: 96 382 84 92
Web page: http://www.ciriec.es/
More information through EDIRC
Social Economy; Nonprofit Sector; not-profit; social utility; co-operatives; public policies.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L30 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - General
- L31 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Nonprofit Institutions; NGOs
- P13 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Cooperative Enterprises
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy
- L39 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Other
- B59 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Other
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- José Luis Monzón Campos, 2003. "El cooperativismo en la historia de la literatura económica," CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa, CIRIEC-España, issue 44, pages 9-32, April.
- Marta Rey García & Luis Ignacio Álvarez González, 2011. "Foundations and social economy: conceptual approaches and socio-economic relevance," CIRIEC-España, revista de economía pública, social y cooperativa, CIRIEC-España, issue 73, pages 61-80, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rafael Chaves).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.