The Economics of Natural Disasters
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich in its journal CESifo Forum.
Volume (Year): 11 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (07)
Naturkatastrophe; Soziale Kosten; Messung; Prognoseverfahren; Theorie;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Albala-Bertrand, J. M., 1993. "Political Economy of Large Natural Disasters: With Special Reference to Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287650, October.
- Hallegatte, Stéphane & Dumas, Patrice, 2009. "Can natural disasters have positive consequences? Investigating the role of embodied technical change," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 777-786, January.
- Kroll, Cynthia A. & Landis, John D. & Shen, Qing & Stryker, Sean, 1991. "Economic Impacts of the Loma Prieta Earthquake: A Focus on Small Businesses," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt05f3382m, University of California Transportation Center.
- Hallegatte, Stéphane & Ghil, Michael, 2008. "Natural disasters impacting a macroeconomic model with endogenous dynamics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 582-592, December.
- Hallegatte, Stephane & Hourcade, Jean-Charles & Dumas, Patrice, 2007. "Why economic dynamics matter in assessing climate change damages: Illustration on extreme events," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 330-340, April.
- Lazzaroni, S. & van Bergeijk, P.A.G., 2013. "Natural disasters impact, factors of resilience and development: A meta-analysis of the macroeconomic literature," ISS Working Papers - General Series, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague 554, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Israel, Danilo C. & Briones, Roehlano M., 2012.
"Impacts of Natural Disasters on Agriculture, Food Security, and Natural Resources and Environment in the Philippines,"
DP 2012-36, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Danilo C. ISRAEL & Roehlano M. BRIONES, 2013. "Impacts of Natural Disasters on Agriculture, Food Security, and Natural Resources and Environment in the Philippines," Working Papers, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA) DP-2013-15, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Shyam KC, 2013. "Cost Benefit Studies on Disaster Risk Reduction in Developing Countries," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16111, The World Bank.
- SAWADA Yasuyuki & Rima BHATTCHARYAY & KOTERA Tomoaki, 2011. "Aggregate Impacts of Natural and Man-made Disasters: A quantitative comparison," Discussion papers 11023, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- van Bergeijk, P.A.G. & Lazzaroni, S., 2013. "Macroeconomics of natural disasters," ISS Working Papers - General Series, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague 50075, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- TODO Yasuyuki & NAKAJIMA Kentaro & Petr MATOUS, 2013. "How Do Supply Chain Networks Affect the Resilience of Firms to Natural Disasters? Evidence from the Great East Japan Earthquake," Discussion papers 13028, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Jahn, Malte, 2013. "Economics of extreme weather events in cities: Terminology and regional impact models," HWWI Research Papers 143, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Oscar Becerra & Eduardo Cavallo & Ilan Noy, 2010. "In the Aftermath of Large Natural Disasters, what happens to foreign aid?," Working Papers 201018, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Nicole Laframboise & Boileau Loko, 2012. "Natural Disasters," IMF Working Papers 12/245, International Monetary Fund.
- Raghav Gaiha & Kenneth Hill & Ganesh Thapa & Varsha S. Kulkarni, 2013. "Have natural disasters become deadlier?," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 18113, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Stéphane Hallegatte, 2013.
"An Exploration of the Link Between Development, Economic Growth, and Natural Risk,"
2013.29, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Hallegatte, Stephane, 2012. "An exploration of the link between development, economic growth, and natural risk," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6216, The World Bank.
- Brent LAYTON, 2013. "Impact of Natural Disasters on Production Networks and Urbanization in New Zealand," Working Papers, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA) DP-2013-13, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Döhrmann, David & Gürtler, Marc & Hibbeln, Martin, 2013. "Insured loss inflation: How natural catastrophes affect reconstruction costs," Working Papers IF44V2, Technische Universität Braunschweig, Institute of Finance.
- Hiroshi Fujiki & Cheng Hsiao, 2013. "Disentangling the Effects of Multiple Treatments -Measuring the Net Economic Impact of the 1995 Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake," IMES Discussion Paper Series 13-E-03, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Raghav Gaiha1 & Kenneth Hill & Ganesh Thapa, 2012. "Have Natural Disasters Become Deadlier?," ASARC Working Papers, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre 2012-03, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.