Experience Rating of Unemployment Insurance in the US: A Model for Europe?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich in its journal DICE.
Volume (Year): 3 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (07)
Arbeitslosenversicherung; Arbeitsmarkt; Lohnrigidität; Vergleich; Vereinigte Staaten; EU-Staaten; Unemployment insurance; Labour market; Wage rigidity; Comparison; United States; EU countries;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, and Vacancies - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Julia Fath & Clemens Fuest, 2002.
"Temporary Layoffs and Unemployment Insurance: Is Experience Rating Desirable?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
663, CESifo Group Munich.
- Julia Fath & Clemens Fuest, 2005. "Temporary Layoffs and Unemployment Insurance: Is Experience Rating Desirable?," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 6(4), pages 471-483, November.
- Pierre Cahuc & Franck Malherbet, 2001.
"Unemployment Compensation Finance and Labor Market Rigidity,"
2001-37, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Cahuc, Pierre & Malherbet, Franck, 2004. "Unemployment compensation finance and labor market rigidity," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(3-4), pages 481-501, March.
- Cahuc, Pierre & Malherbet, Franck, 2002. "Unemployment Compensation Finance and Labor Market Rigidity," IZA Discussion Papers 581, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cahuc, Pierre & Malherbet, Franck, 2002. "Unemployment Compensation Finance and Labour Market Rigidity," CEPR Discussion Papers 3512, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Holmlund, Bertil & Lundborg, Per, 1988. " Unemployment Insurance and Union Wage Setting," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(2), pages 161-72.
- Robert Tannenwald & Christopher J. O'Leary & Wei-Jang Huang, .
"New Ways of Evaluating State Unemployment Insurance,"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
rtcjo1999, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Robert Tannenwald & Christopher J. O'Leary & Wei-Jang Huang, 1999. "New ways of evaluating state unemployment insurance," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 15-40.
- Julia Fath & Clemens Fuest, 2005. "Experience Rating versus Employment Protection Laws in a Model where Firms Monitor Workers," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 107(2), pages 299-314, 06.
- Anderson, Patricia M. & Meyer, Bruce D., 2000. "The effects of the unemployment insurance payroll tax on wages, employment, claims and denials," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(1-2), pages 81-106, October.
- Franck Malherbet & Mustafa Ulus, 2003. "Unemployment Insurance and Labor Reallocation," Working Papers 2003-17, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Feldstein, Martin S, 1976. "Temporary Layoffs in the Theory of Unemployment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(5), pages 937-57, October.
- Albrecht, James W & Vroman, Susan B, 1999. "Unemployment Compensation Finance and Efficiency Wages," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(1), pages 141-67, January.
- B. Cockx & B. Van Der Linden, 2009.
"Flexicurity in Belgium A Proposal Based on Economic Principles,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
09/584, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Bart COCKX & Bruno VAN DER LINDEN, 2009. "Flexicurity in Belgium. A Proposal Based on Economic Principles," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2009024, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Cockx, Bart & Van der Linden, Bruno, 2009. "Flexicurity in Belgium: A Proposal Based on Economic Principles," IZA Policy Papers 9, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bart Cockx & Bruno Van der Linden, 2009. "Flexicurity in Belgium. A Proposal Based on Economic Principles," CESifo Working Paper Series 2655, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.