Financing Entrepreneurs Better Canadian Policy for Venture Capital
AbstractCanadian policymakers should pursue new options for facilitating investment in innovation and entrepreneurship. Better venture capital policy is the place to start, because existing tools for delivering financial investment to start-ups are not succeeding.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by C.D. Howe Institute in its journal C.D. Howe Institute Commentary.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): 247 (April)
venture capital policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klapper, Leora & Laeven, Luc & Rajan, Raghuram, 2006. "Entry regulation as a barrier to entrepreneurship," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 591-629, December.
- Michele Boldrin & David K Levine, 2002.
"The Case Against Intellectual Property,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
618897000000000003, David K. Levine.
- Christian Keuschnigg & Søren Bo Nielsen, 2003.
"Taxes and Venture Capital Support,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1094, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cumming, D. & Johan, S.A., 2005. "Is it the law or the lawyers? Investment fund covenants," Discussion Paper 2005-005, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- John Armour & Douglas Cumming, 2005.
"Bankruptcy Law and Entrepreneurship,"
ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers
wp300, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Christian Keuschnigg, 2003.
"Taxation of a Venture Capitalist With a Portfolio of Firms,"
University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2003
2003-04, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Christian Keuschnigg, 2004. "Taxation of a venture capitalist with a portfolio of firms," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(2), pages 285-306, April.
- Christian Keuschnigg, 2002. "Taxation of a Venture Capitalist with a Portfolio of Firms," CESifo Working Paper Series 813, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cumming, Douglas J., 2005. "Agency costs, institutions, learning, and taxation in venture capital contracting," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 573-622, September.
- Lerner, Josh, 1999. "The Government as Venture Capitalist: The Long-Run Impact of the SBIR Program," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(3), pages 285-318, July.
- Nancy T. Gallini, 2002. "The Economics of Patents: Lessons from Recent U.S. Patent Reform," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(2), pages 131-154, Spring.
- Cumming, Douglas J. & MacIntosh, Jeffrey G., 2003. "A cross-country comparison of full and partial venture capital exits," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 511-548, March.
- Green, Richard C., 1984. "Investment incentives, debt, and warrants," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 115-136, March.
- Douglas Cumming & Sofia Johan, 2010. "Phasing Out an Inefficient Venture Capital Tax Credit," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 227-252, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristine Gray).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.