Excess Baggage: Measuring Air Transportation’s Fiscal Burden
AbstractThe federal government should ensure that Canada’s air transportation industry is taxed on a level playing field with other modes of travel, such as bus or rail, and with its international counterparts. The result would be a more internationally competitive airline sector, able to serve Canadian air travelers more efficiently and cheaply.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by C.D. Howe Institute in its journal C.D. Howe Institute Commentary.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): 242 (February)
air transport taxation; airline regulation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rossiter, Adriana & Dresner, Martin, 2004. "The impact of the September 11th security fee and passenger wait time on traffic diversion and highway fatalities," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 225-230.
- Michael Keen & Jon Strand, 2007.
"Indirect Taxes on International Aviation,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 28(1), pages 1-41, 03.
- Benjamin Dachis, 2014. "Full Throttle: Reforming Canada's Aviation Policy," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 398, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristine Gray).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.