Financial Instability, Financial Development And Poverty
AbstractThere is a positive relationship between financial development and economic growth in short-run and long-run. Financial development is beneficial to the reduction of poverty. But the financial instability which accompanies financial development is is costly for the poor and reduces the positive effect of financial development on the reduction of poverty. The paper aims to analyze in detail the relationship and the (direct and indirect) effects between these variables, taking into account their economic and social importance. It is also highlighted the correlation between the financial economy and the real economy, emphasizing the impact on social welfare involved by the interaction of the above mentioned variables.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics in its journal Constatin Brancusi University of Targu Jiu Annals - Economy Series.
Volume (Year): 4I (2012)
Issue (Month): (December)
financial instability; financial development; poverty; economic growth; social welfare;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kangni KPODAR & Sylviane GUILLAUMONT JEANNENEY, 2006.
"Financial Development, Financial Instability and Poverty,"
- Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney & Kangni Kpodar, 2011. "Financial Development, Financial Instability and Poverty," Working Papers, HAL halshs-00564573, HAL.
- Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney & Kangni Kpodar, 2008. "Financial Development and Poverty Reduction," IMF Working Papers, International Monetary Fund 08/62, International Monetary Fund.
- Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney & Kangni Kpodar, 2005. "Financial Development, Financial Instability and Poverty," Economics Series Working Papers, University of Oxford, Department of Economics WPS/2005-09, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Sylviane GUILLAUMONT JEANNENEY & Kangni KPODAR, 2004. "Développement financier, instabilité financière et réduction de la pauvreté," Working Papers 200429, CERDI.
- Sylviane Guillaumont Jeanneney & Kangni Kpodar, 2005. "Financial Development, Financial Instability and Poverty," CSAE Working Paper Series 2005-09, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Muhammad Shahbaz Author_Email: & Muhammad Nasir Malik, 2011. "Does Financial Instability Weaken The Finance-Growth Nexus? A Case For Pakistan," 2nd International Conference on Business and Economic Research (2nd ICBER 2011) Proceeding, Conference Master Resources 2011-174, Conference Master Resources.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Malik, Muhammad Nasir, 2011.
"Does financial instability weaken the finance-growth nexus? A case for Pakistan,"
28562, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Malik, Muhammad Nasir, 2011. "Does financial instability weaken the finance-growth nexus? A case for Pakistan," MPRA Paper 28666, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Baddeley, M.C., 2008. "Poverty, Armed Conflict and Financial Instability," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge 0857, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ecobici Nicolae).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.