Measuring Shadow Banking in Ireland using Granular Data
AbstractThis paper examines the question of measuring shadow banking in Ireland by looking at the behaviour of individual entities, using the definition of the Financial Stability Board (FSB). A framework for analysis is provided and preliminary estimates of the extent of shadow banking within various financial sub-sectors are derived.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Central Bank of Ireland in its journal Quarterly Bulletin Articles.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): (October)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nicola Gennaioli & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 2011.
"A Model of Shadow Banking,"
NBER Working Papers
17115, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicola Gennaioli, 2012. "A Model of Shadow Banking," 2012 Meeting Papers 89, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 2011. "A Model of Shadow Banking," Working Papers 576, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, . "A Model of Shadow Banking," Working Paper 19521, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Gennaioli, Nicola & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 2013. "A Model of Shadow Banking," Scholarly Articles 11688792, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Nicola Gennaioli & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 2011. "A model of shadow banking," Economics Working Papers 1283, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised May 2012.
- Godfrey, Brian & Jackson, Clive, 2011. "Meeting the Statistical Challenges of Financial Innovation: Introducing New Data on Securitisation," Quarterly Bulletin Articles, Central Bank of Ireland, pages 109-122, July.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2010. "Regulating the Shadow Banking System," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 41(2 (Fall)), pages 261-312.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Smith).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.