La propriété intellectuelle dans les biotechnologies agricoles : quels enjeux pour quelles perspectives ?
AbstractWithin the framework of agricultural biotechnologies, there was an evolution of the intellectual property rights: the implementation of the patents on living organism, the evolution of the legislation on the Plant breeder?s right from the Union for the Protection of plant varieties, or the implementation of intellectual property rights at a world level within the framework of Trips agreements (Article 27/3 B.) of WTO. In this context of evolutionary intellectual property rights, the markets of the agricultural genetic resources are based on goods and services related to the management of agro biodiversity. The markets related to the genetic resources will depend on the way in which the actors will jointly reach: technologies; biological and genetic material; information and knowledge as well on the material as on technologies; agricultural markets that it is on a local, national, regional or world level. This is why in this paper we will analyze, whatever the statute of the genetic resources is, the conditions of access to the biological materials, the innovations and the markets and their consequences on the activities of research and development in the field of agricultural biotechnologies. JEL code ? L51, L65, L73, L88, 034.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by De Boeck Université in its journal Reflets et perspectives de la vie économique.
Volume (Year): XLV (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-reflets-et-perspectives-de-la-vie-economique.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Michel Trommetter, 2006. "La proprieté intellectuelle dans les biotechnologies agricoles : Quels enjeux pour quelles perspectives ?," Working Papers hal-00243036, HAL.
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L65 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology
- L73 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Forest Products
- L88 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Government Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Gilbert & Carl Shapiro, 1990.
"Optimal Patent Length and Breadth,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(1), pages 106-112, Spring.
- Denicolo, Vincenzo, 1996. "Patent Races and Optimal Patent Breadth and Length," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 249-65, September.
- Shapiro, Carl, 2000.
"Navigating the Patent Thicket: Cross Licenses, Patent Pools, and Standard-Setting,"
Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series
qt4hs5s9wk, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Carl Shapiro, 2001. "Navigating the Patent Thicket: Cross Licenses, Patent Pools, and Standard Setting," NBER Chapters, in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 1, pages 119-150 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carl Shapiro, 2004. "Navigating the Patent Thicket: Cross Licenses, Patent Pools and Standard Setting," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000000539, David K. Levine.
- Carl Shapiro, 2003. "Navigating the Patent Thicket: Cross Licenses, Patent Pools, and Standard-Setting," Law and Economics 0303005, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.