Les institutions créatrices de proximités. Institutions as creators of proximities
AbstractUsing contributions of American institutionalists and philosophers of mind, we propose to look further into the definitions of the three traditional forms of the proximity. First, we define geographical proximity as relational availability. Second, we explain that institutional proximity is an effect of institutions. In this case, actors share common significances and play complementary roles in collective action. Third, organisational proximity, according to distinction suggested by COMMONS between institution and organization, is understood as a particular form of institutional proximity which articulates cognitive coordination and political coordination. Actors integrate cognitive community, i.e. reach memory of organization made up of rules and routines, and integrate political community, i.e. take place in power structure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Armand Colin in its journal Revue d’Économie Régionale & Urbaine.
Volume (Year): octobre (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-regionale-et-urbaine.htm
proximities; American institutionalism; philosophy of mind;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andre Torre & Alain Rallet, 2005. "Proximity and Localization," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 47-59.
- North, Douglass C, 1994.
"Economic Performance through Time,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 359-68, June.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M., 2004. "Reclaiming habit for institutional economics," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 651-660, October.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1996. "Revisiting Legal Realism: The Law, Economics, and Organization Perspective," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 383-420.
- Searle, John R., 2005. "What is an institution?," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 1-22, June.
- G. Hodgson., 2007. "What Are Institutions?," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 8.
- Bénédicte Reynaud, 2001. "« Suivre des règles » dans les organisations," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 97(1), pages 53-68.
- Marie Ferru, 2012. "Partners connection process and geography of innovation: new insights from a comparative inter-organizational partnerships analysis," Working Papers hal-00461258, HAL.
- Maris CORIS (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Vincent FRIGANT (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Jean-Bernard LAYAN (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Damien TALBOT (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2009. "Spatial dynamics of firms (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2009-20, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.