Structure économique et croissance locale : etude Econométrique des arrondissements belges, 1991-1997
AbstractWe study the link between economic structure and growth in the 43 Belgian ?arrondissements? between 1991 and 1997. We find empirical evidence that local economic structure has a significant impact on the local growth of the service sector as a whole. Sectoral specialization and competition would affect negatively local growth in this sector while we find strong evidence of a positive effect of sectoral diversity. The size of the local market would not play any role on growth but the average local income does so. Our results are consistent with those found by Combes (2000) for local growth in France. Classification JEL : R11, 018, 04
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Armand Colin in its journal Revue d’Économie Régionale & Urbaine.
Volume (Year): décembre (2005)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-regionale-et-urbaine.htm
economic structure; local growth; specialization; sectoral diversity; competition;
Other versions of this item:
- Didier Baudewyns, 2005. "Structure économique et croissance locale: étude économétrique des arrondissements belges, 1991-1997," DULBEA Working Papers 05-15.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Régis Blazy & Laurent Weill, 2007.
"The impact of legal sanctions on moral hazard when debt contracts are renegotiable?,"
DULBEA Working Papers
07-06.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Régis Blazy & Laurent Weill, 2007. "The impact of legal sanctions on moral hazard when debt contracts are renegotiable?," Working Papers CEB 07-012.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Charles Plaigin, 2009. "Exploratory study on the presence of cultural and institutional growth spillovers," DULBEA Working Papers 09-03.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Sile Padraigin O'Dorchai, 2008. "Pay inequality in 25 European countries," DULBEA Working Papers 08-06rs, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.