Un panorama de la recherche française en économie comparant les approches Google Scholar et Econlit
AbstractWe use the 2010 Google Scholar citations of academic economists working in France in 2008 to draw a panorama of research in economics in France. This allows us to test whether using a broader support than Econlit publication records changes the assessment of research productivity. We compare different citation indexes, as the number of citations per author, the H-index or the G-index, which we calculate at the individual and at the department levels, with some Econlit publication scores. The latter take more or less into account the quality of journals and the analysis is performed for several time periods. The hierarchy of universities obtained through Google Scholar citation indexes is relatively close to that observed when using Econlit publication scores. However we also observe some dramatic changes for a couple of universities, positive mainly when economics is not the research core of these institutions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Dalloz in its journal Revue d'économie politique.
Volume (Year): 122 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-politique.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Clément Bosquet & Pierre-Philippe Combes, 2011. "Un panorama de la recherche française en économie comparant les approches Google Scholar et Econlit," Working Papers halshs-00652730, HAL.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yann Kossi & Jean-Yves Lesueur & Mareva Sabatier, 2013.
"Publish or Teach? The Role of the Scientific Environment on Academics' Multitasking,"
- Yann Kossi & Jean-Yves Lesueur & Mareva Sabatier, 2013. "Publish or Teach ? The Role of the Scientific Environment on Academics’ Multitasking," Working Papers 1315, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Yann Kossi & Jean-Yves Lesueur & Mareva Sabatier, 2013. "Publish or Teach ? The Role of the Scientific Environment on Academics' Multitasking," Working Papers halshs-00806801, HAL.
- Marisa Hidalgo Hidalgo & Guadalupe Valera Blanes, 2013. "University merging process," Working Papers. Serie AD 2013-01, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.