Loi relative aux libertés et responsabilités des universités (loi LRU), élection du président et conseil d'administration : une analyse en termes de pouvoir
AbstractThe aim of this article is to measure the power of the members of french universities boards of directors, power such as mentioned by the law relative to the liberties and the responsabilities of universities (in french, the ?LRU? law). We use tools from the cooperative game theory, and particularly the power index of Banzhaf. We show that the number of the representatives of a given group, for instance the professors or the students, and the power, are concepts the relationships of which are sometimes surprising. We provide examples where the real power of decision does not necessarily belong to the groups we thought of intuitively.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Dalloz in its journal Revue d'économie politique.
Volume (Year): Volume 118 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-politique.htm
board of directors; Banzhaf power index; power; french universities;
Other versions of this item:
- Fabrice BARTHELEMY & Alain BERAUD & Mathieu MARTIN, 2008. "Loi relative aux libertés et responsabilités des universités (loi LRU), élection du président et conseil d’administration : une analyse en termes de pouvoir," THEMA Working Papers 2008-04, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Fabrice Barthélémy & Alain Béraud & Mathieu Martin, 2008. "Loi relative aux libertés et responsabilités des universités (loi LRU), élection du président et conseil d'administration: une analyse en termes de pouvoir," Post-Print halshs-00444541, HAL.
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michele Pezzoni & Valerio Sterzi & Francesco Lissoni, 2009.
"Career progress in centralized academic systems: social capital and institutions in France and Italy,"
KITeS Working Papers
026, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised 2009.
- Pezzoni, Michele & Sterzi, Valerio & Lissoni, Francesco, 2012. "Career progress in centralized academic systems: Social capital and institutions in France and Italy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 704-719.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.