Price-setting in the French manufacturing sector : New evidence from survey data
AbstractThis paper reports the results of a survey conducted by the Banque de France during winter 2003-2004 to investigate the price-setting behaviour of French manufacturing companies. Prices are found to adjust infrequently; the median firm modifies the price of its main product only once a year. Price reviews are more frequent than price changes; as the median firm reviews the price quarterly. Firms are found to follow either timedependent, state-dependent or both pricing rules. Coordination failure and nominal contracts (either written or implicit) are the most important sources of price stickiness, while pricing thresholds and physical menu costs appear to have no influence.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Dalloz in its journal Revue d'économie politique.
Volume (Year): Volume 116 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-politique.htm
price rigidity; price; setting behaviour; inflation persistence; survey data;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dhyne, Emmanuel & Fuss, Catherine & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Sevestre, Patrick, 2011.
"Lumpy Price Adjustments: A Microeconometric Analysis,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 29(4), pages 529-540.
- Dhyne, Emmanuel & Fuss, Catherine & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Sevestre, Patrick, 2007. "Lumpy Price Adjustments: A Microeconometric Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 2793, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Emmanuel Dhyne & Catherine Fuss & Hashem Pesaran & Patrick Sevestre, 2006. "Lumpy price adjustments : a microeconometric analysis," Working Paper Research 100, National Bank of Belgium.
- Dhyne, E. & Fuss, C. & Pesaran, H. & Sevestre, P., 2007. "Lumpy Price Adjustments, A Microeconometric Analysis," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0719, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Dhyne, E. & Fuss, C. & Pesaran, H. & Sevestre, P., 2007. "Lumpy Price Adjustments: A Microeconometric Analysis," Working papers 185, Banque de France.
- Emmanuel Dhyne & Catherine Fuss & M. Hashem Pesaran & Patrick Sevestre, 2007. "Lumpy Price Adjustments: A Microeconometric Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 2010, CESifo Group Munich.
- Claire Loupias & Patrick Sevestre, 2013.
"Costs, Demand, and Producer Price Changes,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 95(1), pages 315-327, March.
- Claire Loupias & Patrick Sevestre, 2010. "Cost, Demand and Producer Price Changes," Documents de recherche 10-06, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Loupias, Claire & Sevestre, Patrick, 2010. "Costs, demand, and producer price changes," Working Paper Series 1184, European Central Bank.
- Loupias, C. & Sevestre, P., 2010. "Costs, demand, and producer price changes," Working papers 273, Banque de France.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.