Salaires individuels et évolutions macroéconomiques en France
AbstractThis paper combines micro and macroeconomic approaches in analysing the determinants of long-term wage changes in France. Beginning with a descriptive analysis, our study draws attention to the inter and intra-generational wage differentials observed over the last fifty years. This is followed by the estimation of earning functions on individual careers by introducing macroeconomic variables. Results show that changes in wage formation are explained simultaneously by the impact of individual characteristics and the effects of the business cycle.We use an administrative panel dataset of contributors to the Social Security System. The salaried workers affiliated to the basic scheme represents about two thirds of the french working population. Our sample contains nearly two million observations concerning more than 100,000 individuals from 1935 to 1979 birth cohorts, observed from 1947 to 2000.JEL Codes: C24, C81, J31, E32.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue de l'OFCE.
Volume (Year): 89 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-de-l-ofce.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C24 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models
- C81 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Microeconomic Data; Data Access
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Didier Blanchet & Anne-Gisèle Privat, 2005. "L'avenir des retraites en France: Evalutation de l'impact des réformes de 1993 et de 2033 à l'aide du modèle de microsimulation Artémis," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/f4rshpf3v1u, Sciences Po.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.