Monnaie et crise bancaire dans une petite économie ouverte
AbstractThis paper develops an analytical framework of a small open economy, which integrate the money and foreign capital flows for evaluating the fragility of the banking system during an international financial crisis. The framework draws attention to the vulnerabilities created by the maturity and currency mismatches of bank?s balance sheet, and it makes transparent how the credit crunch in foreign countries can affect the value of the small economy?s currency and its economic activity through commercial banks. The stabilizing effects of the banking capital and of the minimum ratio of capital on the banking system are examined as well. Furthermore, the model implies that an informal sector of large scale is a factor against the stabilization of the domestic money and the financial system. JEL classification: E12, E44, G35
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by De Boeck Université in its journal Recherches économiques de Louvain.
Volume (Year): 78 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-recherches-economiques-de-louvain.htm
bank run; money and interest rates; international lending;
Other versions of this item:
- Jin Cheng, 2010. "Monnaie et Crise Bancaire dans une Petite Economie Ouverte," Working Papers of BETA 2010-02, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G35 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Payout Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Meixing DAI, 2009.
"External constraint and financial crises with balance sheet effects,"
Working Papers of BETA
2009-02, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Meixing Dai, 2012. "External Constraint and Financial Crises with Balance Sheet Effects," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(4), pages 567-585, March.
- Dai, Meixing, 2010. "External constraint and financial crises with balance sheet effects," MPRA Paper 21625, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Meixing Dai, 2010. "External constraint and financial crises with balance sheet effects," Working Papers of BETA 2010-23, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.