Retraite par répartition ou par capitalisation. Une analyse de long terme
Abstract[fre] Un large dÃ©bat s'est ouvert dans les pays occidentaux pour modifier les systÃ¨mes de retraite basÃ©s sur la rÃ©partition. Il est souvent malaisÃ© de dÃ©terminer les mÃ©canismes Ã l'Åuvre dans les Ã©tudes rÃ©centes, Ã base de simulations, qui cherchent Ã quantifier les enjeux. Nous espÃ©rons ici clarifier les effets Ã long terme d'une modification des rÃ©gimes de retraite. Dans le cadre d'une Ã©conomie Ã gÃ©nÃ©rations imbriquÃ©es, nous Ã©valuons l'impact sur les Ã©quilibres stationnaires des variations du taux de cotisation Ã un systÃ¨me de rÃ©partition avec diffÃ©rentes politiques de financement des dÃ©penses publiques. [eng] Pay as you go or fully funded social security: a long run analysis?. . There is a lot of pressure in the developed countries to modify the pay-as-you-go social security systems. It is often unclear to separate what is important from what is accessory in recent simulation studies, which depend on precise assumptions regarding the demographic trends or taxes. We try to clarify the debate using a simple theoretical overlapping generations model. We analyze the comparative statics of the long run stationary equilibria with respect to the contribution rates to the pay as you go system, under various financing arrangements, through public debt, a wage tax or a tax on interest income.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): n° 51 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-economique.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Gabrielle Demange & Guy Laroque, 2000. "Retraite par répartition ou par capitalisation. Une analyse de long terme," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 51(4), pages 813-829.
- Gabrielle Demange & Laroque Guy, 2000. "Retraite par répartition ou par capitalisation : une analyse de long terme," Post-Print halshs-00585272, HAL.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joseph Hanna, 2006. "Capital accumulation, overlapping generations and dynamic efficiency in pension funding," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 1, pages 39-54.
- Laffargue, Jean-Pierre, 2005. "Demographic transition, intergenerational transfers and the increase in public and national debts," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 0509, CEPREMAP.
- Jean-Pierre Laffargue, 2005. "Demographic transition, intergenerational transfers and the increase in public and national debts," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590826, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.