Retraite par répartition et âge de la retraite
Abstract[eng] In this paper, we explain why the old manage to obtain favourable pension policies whereas they belong to a minority in the population. The argument relies on the multidimensional nature of the political process. Indeed, we consider a two-dimensional collective choice problem. The first of these choices is the level of the contribution rate to the Pay-As-You-Go pension system. The second is a non economic decision, unrelated to the pension system. Using a political agency model, we show that, as soon as the retirees are sufficiently numerous, the equilibrium tax rate may be higher than the tax rate preferred by the young, who yet constitute a majority in the population. [fre] Cet article explique pourquoi les travailleurs cessent toute activitÃ© de plus en plus tÃ´t alors qu'au travers du systÃ¨me de retraite par rÃ©partition la sociÃ©tÃ© s'endette de plus en plus. Pour ce faire, nous adoptons un modÃ¨le Ã gÃ©nÃ©rations imbriquÃ©es avec production et participation endogÃ¨ne au marchÃ© du travail pendant la seconde pÃ©riode de vie. Nous montrons que cette participation dÃ©croÃ®t si la retraite par rÃ©partition augmente. Nous montrons aussi qu'en cas de sous-accumulation, imposer une retraite prÃ©coce peut Ãªtre socialement souhaitable.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): n° 51 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-economique.htm
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vincent Touzé, 2005. "Fiscal incidence of unfunded pension system: an analytical investigation," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2005-03, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Cheron, Arnaud & Khaskhoussi, Fouad & Khaskhoussi, Tarek & Langot, François, 2004. "Voluntary and involuntary retirement decision : does real wage rigidity affects the effectiveness of pension reforms ?," MPRA Paper 9119, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bruno DECREUSE & Bertrand WIGNIOLLE, 2006.
Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain)
2006013, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Bruno Decreuse & Bertrand Wigniolle, 2006. "Schizophrénie intergénérationnelle," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00185314, HAL.
- Antoine D'Autume, 2003. "Ageing and retirement age. What can we learn from the Overlapping Generations Model ?," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00452561, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.