The Relationship Between Income and Deprivation : A Dynamic Perspective
Abstract[fre] Les analyses fondÃ©es sur un seuil monÃ©taire de pauvretÃ© ne permettent pas toujours de repÃ©rer les mÃ©nages atteints par la privation ou l'exclusion. L'analyse d'une enquÃªte irlandaise de grande taille a permis de montrer que le revenu couÂrant des mÃ©nages influence fortement les niveaux de privation, mais on y dÃ©cÃ¨le Ã©galement d'autres aspects importants de la situation courante des mÃ©nages et du cheminement antÃ©rieur qui les y a amenÃ©s. Il semble Ã©galement essentiel de distinguer plusieurs dimensions dans la comparaison des seuils de privation et des niveaux de revenu qui permettent de mesurer la pauvretÃ©. [eng] Income poverty lines may fail to distinguish households experiencing depriva tion/exclusion Analysing large sample of Irish households we find that current income is an important influence on deprivation levels but so are many other aspects of current situation and how it arrived there It is also impor tant to distinguish different dimensions in using deprivation indicators with income to measure poverty
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): n° 47 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-economique.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Christopher T. Whelan & Brian Nolan, 1996. "The Relationship Between Income and Deprivation : A Dynamic Perspective," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 47(3), pages 709-717.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- De Blander, Rembert, 2008. "Sen's capabiliteiten methode," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/208035, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Ingrid Woolard & Murray Leibbrandt, 1999. "Measuring Poverty in South Africa," Working Papers 99033, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Andrea Brandolini, 2008. "On applying synthetic indices of multidimensional well-being: health and income inequalities in selected EU countries," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 668, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Marcelo de Sales Pessoa & Marco Antonio C. da Silveira, 2009. "Indicadores Objetivos e Subjetivos de Qualidade de Vida das Famílias Brasileiras Segundo a POF de 2002-2003: Um Estudo Sobre Seus Determinantes Demográficos, Sociais e Econômicos," Discussion Papers 1437, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Brian Nolan, 1997. "Collecting and Using Survey Information on Household Assets: Some Lessons from Irish Experience," Papers WP086, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.