Le cycle de vie au travers des comptes nationaux
AbstractFor the year 2000, the household sector of French national accounts is used as starting point for a division into sub-sectors corresponding to seven age classes. This division is made by referring to about ten surveys. For each age class, it is possible to specify the amounts of ¿resources¿ (saving, new credits, gifts and inheritances received, sales of existing housing) and the corresponding amounts of uses (repayments, financial flows, capital formation, gifts and inheritances transmitted, purchase of existing housing). The results obtained give quite a different picture of the traditional life cycle, for instance concerning three points : the saving rate of seniors is still high, the amount of gifts received by young people is important, and finally, the weight of debt repayments is significant rather late in the life cycle.Classification JEL : C6, D1, E2
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): 56 (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-economique.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- E2 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Céline Antonin, 2009. "Age, revenu et comportements d'épargne des ménages : une analyse théorique et empirique sur la période 1978-2006," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5l6uh8ogmqi, Sciences Po.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/5l6uh8ogmqildh09h6m8hj429 is not listed on IDEAS
- V. Bellamy & G. Consales & M. Fesseau & S. Le Laidier & É. Raynaud, 2009. "A breakdown of household National Account according to household category for 2003," Documents de Travail de la DESE - Working Papers of the DESE g2009-11, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, DESE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.