Calcul économique et développement durable
AbstractThe paper considers a model with two goods: a private good and an ¿environmental¿ good. The analysis has two basic ingredients: the two goods are imperfectly substitutable and the long run characteristics of substitution are uncertain. An ecological discount rate is defined. It is argued that a plausible long run value for this discount rate is close to zero, at least if the preoccupations of intergenerational equity are strong enough.Classification JEL : D 60, H 43, Q2
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): 55 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-economique.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gollier, Christian, 2012.
"Asset pricing with uncertain betas: A long-term perspective,"
IDEI Working Papers
752, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Christian Gollier, 2013. "Asset Pricing with Uncertain Betas: A Long-Term Perspective," CESifo Working Paper Series 4072, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gollier, Christian, 2012. "Asset pricing with uncertain betas: A long-term perspective," TSE Working Papers 12-354, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Gollier, Christian, 2012. "A theory of rational short-termism with uncertain betas," LERNA Working Papers 12.14.371, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00575067 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kögel, Tomas, 2009. "On the Relation between Dual-Rate Discounting and Substitutability," Economics Discussion Papers 2009-10, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Charles Figuières & Hervé Guyomard & Gilles Rotillon, 2010. "Sustainable Development: Between Moral Injunctions and Natural Constraints," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(11), pages 3608-3622, November.
- Fuentes Castro, D., 2012. "Funding for green growth," Working papers 392, Banque de France.
- Ekeland, Ivar, 2010. "Discounting the Future: the Case of Climate Change," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/3682, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.