Calcul économique et développement durable
AbstractThe paper considers a model with two goods: a private good and an ¿environmental¿ good. The analysis has two basic ingredients: the two goods are imperfectly substitutable and the long run characteristics of substitution are uncertain. An ecological discount rate is defined. It is argued that a plausible long run value for this discount rate is close to zero, at least if the preoccupations of intergenerational equity are strong enough.Classification JEL : D 60, H 43, Q2
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): 55 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-economique.htm
Other versions of this item:
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Charles Figuières & Hervé Guyomard & Gilles Rotillon, 2010. "Sustainable Development: Between Moral Injunctions and Natural Constraints," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(11), pages 3608-3622, November.
- Dominique Bureau, 2009. "Économie d’un accord global sur le climat : une introduction," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 190(4), pages 1-19.
- Gollier, Christian, 2012.
"Asset pricing with uncertain betas: A long-term perspective,"
IDEI Working Papers
752, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Gollier, Christian, 2012. "Asset pricing with uncertain betas: A long-term perspective," TSE Working Papers 12-354, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Christian Gollier, 2013. "Asset Pricing with Uncertain Betas: A Long-Term Perspective," CESifo Working Paper Series 4072, CESifo Group Munich.
- Piketty, Thomas & Saez, Emmanuel, 2012.
"A Theory of Optimal Capital Taxation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8946, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roger Guesnerie, 2006.
"De l'utilité du calcul économique public,"
Économie et Prévision,
Programme National Persée, vol. 175(4), pages 1-14.
- Gollier, Christian, 2009.
IDEI Working Papers
524, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Traeger, Christian P., 2011.
"Sustainability, limited substitutability, and non-constant social discount rates,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 215-228, September.
- Traeger, Christian P, 2007. "Sustainability, limited substitutability and non-constant social discount rates," CUDARE Working Paper Series 1045, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Traeger, Christian P., 2008. "Sustainability, Limited Substitutability and Non-Constant Social Discount Rates," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt10d7d7n4, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Gollier, Christian, 2013.
"A theory of rational short-termism with uncertain betas,"
TSE Working Papers
13-389, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Gollier, Christian, 2013. "A theory of rational short-termism with uncertain betas," IDEI Working Papers 771, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Gollier, Christian, 2012. "A theory of rational short-termism with uncertain betas," LERNA Working Papers 12.14.371, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Kögel, Tomas, 2009. "On the Relation between Dual-Rate Discounting and Substitutability," Economics Discussion Papers 2009-10, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Stefan Baumgaertner & Alexandra M. Klein & Denise Thiel & Klara Winkler, 2013. "Ramsey discounting of ecosystem services," Working Paper Series in Economics 281, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- repec:hal:wpaper:halshs-00575067 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fuentes Castro, D., 2012. "Funding for green growth," Working papers 392, Banque de France.
- Ekeland, Ivar, 2010. "Discounting the Future: the Case of Climate Change," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/3682, Paris Dauphine University.
- Hourcade, Jean-Charles & Ambrosi, Philippe & Dumas, Patrice, 2009. "Beyond the Stern Review: Lessons from a risky venture at the limits of the cost-benefit analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2479-2484, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.